U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM

653 posts, read 702,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas is only OK View Post
Did anyone metion Dallas Sports Leagues? (used to be Dallas Sport and Social Club). I have been married for a while but I would want to meet a man/woman while playing a sport. If he/she can love you while stinky, they will really be impressed when you "clean up"
Since this is, after all, DALLAS (inject lots of sarcasm in the tone), most people meet (or allege to meet) at church. IMHO, it is a sacrilegde to use church if that is your reason for going, but the churches have huge successful single's groups, FYI
Great advice! Not sure why I didn't think of that since SoCal is loaded with social sports groups (which are a life saver in OC lol). Glad to learn Dallas has one too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 PM

23,641 posts, read 31,327,509 times
Quote:
Did anyone metion Dallas Sports Leagues? (used to be Dallas Sport and Social Club). I have been married for a while but I would want to meet a man/woman while playing a sport. If he/she can love you while stinky, they will really be impressed when you "clean up"
Since this is, after all, DALLAS (inject lots of sarcasm in the tone), most people meet (or allege to meet) at church. IMHO, it is a sacrilegde to use church if that is your reason for going, but the churches have huge successful single's groups, FYI
Word of warning on those...they may play sports but they really exist for drinking and hooking up. I was in one.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 AM

1,530 posts, read 2,523,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Word of warning on those...they may play sports but they really exist for drinking and hooking up. I was in one.
It sounds perfect, except for all the exercise and stuff.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 AM

8,692 posts, read 11,466,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yeah...I've tried most of those suggestions already, thanks. I'm still seriously considering leaving the area.
Too bad you are not a cyclist. Our club caters to quite a few demographics, Jews, Christians, vegans, non-theists, etc...

Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Too bad you are not a cyclist. Our club caters to quite a few demographics, Jews, Christians, vegans, non-theists, etc...
Hi.. I love cycling so could you please provide details about your club such as the website,etc as I'd love to join? I'm planning to move to Dallas next month from Boston!

Thanks

Old 01-21-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai6638 View Post
Hi.. I love cycling so could you please provide details about your club such as the website,etc as I'd love to join? I'm planning to move to Dallas next month from Boston!

Thanks
THat's great. You are moving to a cycling mecca. I'll send you a DM.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM

100 posts, read 226,882 times
I could be wrong but I think the best cycling program around here is through Richardson Bike Mart, same name .com for online info

Old 02-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I could be wrong but I think the best cycling program around here is through Richardson Bike Mart, same name .com for online info
This is true. Jim Hoyt (Happy Birthday!) has really been a major contributor on all levels in developing cycling in the north Texas region through corporate sponsorships, cycling advocacy, community involvement, and their myriad of cycling programs.

Home for Matrix Cycling Team at Coit & Campbell store
Mirage Cycling Team <= Nice banner picture for meeting people. Team for White Rock Lake store.

These teams are more performance related clubs.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 5,501 times
I was wondering the same thing. I just moved here during the summer

Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,408,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
THat's great. You are moving to a cycling mecca. I'll send you a DM.
I thought Dallas was ranked as one of the worst(if not the worst) cities for cycling, not too long ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or