U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 AM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Also, there are places that are "chain" restaurants to the extent that they have a few locations within the metroplex, but are not actual chain restaurants, such as Blue Goose, Snuffers, etc.
Good point. They may technically be 'chains' but they're not like Applebee's or On the Border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,479,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Good point. They may technically be 'chains' but they're not like Applebee's or On the Border.
Thee operate very similarly to the likes of the national chains, though. Food quality is only slightly better imho.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 PM

5,010 posts, read 12,822,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Thee operate very similarly to the likes of the national chains, though. Food quality is only slightly better imho.

Huh? Blue Goose has great food, and very little on Earth compares to Snuffer's cheese fries.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:27 PM

350 posts, read 721,413 times
Quote:
Huh? Blue Goose has great food, and very little on Earth compares to Snuffer's cheese fries.
Urgh

Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,479,834 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with the taste of the food... Places like Blue Goose and Snuffers likely use a lot of the same food purveyors and business practices as the national chains. They want to create efficiency, cost effectiveness and consistency of food at each location. It is technically a chain. I'm not saying anything negative or positive, I'm merely commenting on the fact that they operate essentially as a national chain but at a regional level.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM

5,713 posts, read 1,727,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
How are they different from On the Border, which is another restaurant that started in Dallas (on Knox) before branching out?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 PM

70 posts, read 245,254 times
Yes...it takes a while living here to find the LOCAL places. A few of my favorites not previously listed:

Javier's---Mexican...(not TexMex). Very good.
Ferrari's---Italian on Midway, just south of Beltline. Be sure to have their anti-pesto.
Frankie's Little Europe---in the Casa Linda shopping center. Go there, and then head down Garland Road to the Chilully exhibit at the arboretum.
Stoneleigh P---pub across the street from The Stoneleigh Hotel. Near downtown.
And altho it's a local chain, I also enjoy Cafe Brazil. Lots to enjoy there.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:27 PM

2,812 posts, read 3,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanne View Post
Ferrari's---Italian on Midway, just south of Beltline. Be sure to have their anti-pesto.
Anti-pesto? What, you mean they really really hate pesto there so they have created a sauce that is the absolute opposite of it? Or that if you put it near some basil there would be a tremendous explosion that would wipe out much of Addison?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:50 PM

3,812 posts, read 3,714,477 times
Quote:
(i.e. I ordered my typical 3 sides of green veggies as my meal and every single one of them was swimming in butter and/or cheese).

Where is the largest concentration of local restaurants (ideally even ethnic restaurants) in the Dallas Metroplex?
Just ask for veggies without butter or cheese if you don't like that. And that is way too broad a question. Where did you go, and we'll tell you where to go near there. And what do you count as ethnic? I count Italian and Tex-Mex as non-ethnic personally.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,435,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Anti-pesto? What, you mean they really really hate pesto there so they have created a sauce that is the absolute opposite of it? Or that if you put it near some basil there would be a tremendous explosion that would wipe out much of Addison?
Don't be so dramatic, it's just that they don't get along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or