Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:22 PM

59 posts, read 170,641 times

Advertisements

Trying to get a checklist of everything I need, so that my move can be quick, when I finally schedule it!

I need recommendations on an interior decorator. I guess my style would be traditional and clean, but with a flair. I want someone easy to work with, and someone who is fairly quick. I do not want someone who would not be able to take on my project for months. Help with everything, interior, exterior spaces, even kids rooms.
DM me if it is against rules to list names.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
I love all things Jan Showers!!
http://www.janshowers.com/

Maria Beck is young, but oh-so-talented!
M. E. Beck Design, Inc.

Tobi Fairley is out of Arkansas but does a lot of work in Dallas->
Portfolio - Tobi Fairley Interior Design

Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Jut don't get that bling woman who is on TV! Her style is massively gaudy.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,682,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Jut don't get that bling woman who is on TV! Her style is massively gaudy.
Haha!

I told my wife that if I find her in my house when I come home from work - I'm going to go ballistic.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:23 AM

764 posts, read 1,656,770 times
O.K., I didn't use the "Bling" lady from t.v., but I did get someone from IBB Design recommended by my realtor who was very easy to work with and our 'minimalist' style - Ms. Hunter.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:02 PM

222 posts, read 603,989 times
Thanks for starting this thread, Southern1979. I will also need this type of info once I buy a home as well. About how much should you budget for an interior decorator? I assume that really is going to depend on budget. I'm not looking for ultra luxury or anything but something nice and "homey" feeling, with some nice style.

TC, I took a quick peek at your recs above.....very nice! Thanks for posting!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,000 times
Some others:

Lisa Luby Ryan

Dallas Blog | Material Girls | Dallas Interior Design this is one of their interior decorators: Dallas Interior Design | EJ Interiors

Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM

764 posts, read 1,656,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginasmu View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, Southern1979. I will also need this type of info once I buy a home as well. About how much should you budget for an interior decorator? I assume that really is going to depend on budget. I'm not looking for ultra luxury or anything but something nice and "homey" feeling, with some nice style.

TC, I took a quick peek at your recs above.....very nice! Thanks for posting!

Budget for the design services or the thousands of dollars for the 'custom' blinds and widow treatments because the builder puts in non-standard size windows throughout the house? (I would have been completely statisfied with off the shelf at Penny's, but now I'm thinking of buying a sewing machine and using the money I save to attend the Olympics this summer in London.) Seriously, our consultant charged $150/hr for home visit and consultation and her fee is included for visits and time spent at the showroom (as we buy things).

Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 AM

59 posts, read 170,641 times
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! More suggestions, or repeat recs are welcome!

TC80 - I often wonder if I just need to hire you as my personal move consultant!

From looking at the links, there is not a lot of variety in the designers portfolios. And, I see a lot of white! (Not kid-friendly, LOL!) I need a little "warmth" in my rooms.
I actually like some of Lisa Luby's "before" photos better than the "after" ones. I have beautiful antiques, and am not getting rid of them! I guess they are not "in style" right now. LOL

Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 PM

222 posts, read 603,989 times
Southern1979, there is also an option of getting an online decorator. I've heard of one called Daily Decorator. She has an e-decorating service, where you pay a certain amount ($100-275, depending on room), and she will send you an inspiration board (I assume based on a questionnaire or consultation of some sort) with how you should decorate your particular room and tell you pricing and where to get the items. That might be an option. I'm not aware of any other companies who do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: