U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:37 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,190,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Alot of what I used as examples can be addressed by adjusting dampers to push harder in places where it's needed and ceiling fans. A knowledgable, qualified HVAC guy will take into account all of this and use little fans that measure push to each location. Made a big difference in my house.

The only thing I hate about forced air is how dry it is, otherwise it works fairly well.
Thanks again Skids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:50 AM

250 posts, read 450,101 times
That home is freaking beautiful. If you have the money, and you like it, buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
Hey Guys,

I want your opinion on this particular Frisco home. I want to know if you guys know a little more about its location, its subdivision, and how is the ISD that it is located in.

Thank you so much.

Frisco Home

Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas90210 View Post
That home is freaking beautiful. If you have the money, and you like it, buy it.
It is beautiful... it's not a tract home. No way. Whoever the original owners are, they went nearly all out with the first floor. Those are some crazy upgrades that would cost me dearly to duplicate. I wonder if the floors are limestone in the first floor.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 AM

1,005 posts, read 3,315,608 times
While the home is high end, no doubt, it is still a tract home in the sense that it was built on a tract of land in a subdivision of similar homes.
A non tract home, in my opinion, is one that is fairly unique on a lot that isn't part of a big subdivision of lookalikes. For example, some estates in Bluff View.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
While the home is high end, no doubt, it is still a tract home in the sense that it was built on a tract of land in a subdivision of similar homes.
A non tract home, in my opinion, is one that is fairly unique on a lot that isn't part of a big subdivision of lookalikes. For example, some estates in Bluff View.
Good thing to point out. Is this subdivision all built by Shaddock?

I have seen some subdivisions like Bella Lago in Flower Mound, Estes Park in Southlake, and Manors of Waterford in Keller.

Are those tract homes as well?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:37 PM

1,005 posts, read 3,315,608 times
Maybe. I'm sorry, but high end doesn't mean it's not a production builder tract development. Especially zero lot developments. Actually, developments usually are subdivided tracts, intended to look homogeneous == tract homes, possibly expensive.

If you want a non-tract home, I suggest finding a nice lot that is unique, hiring an architect and then shop for a builder who builds custom homes, not from an in-house designer.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Maybe. I'm sorry, but high end doesn't mean it's not a production builder tract development. Especially zero lot developments. Actually, developments usually are subdivided tracts, intended to look homogeneous == tract homes, possibly expensive.

If you want a non-tract home, I suggest finding a nice lot that is unique, hiring an architect and then shop for a builder who builds custom homes, not from an in-house designer.
Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or