Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:43 PM

53 posts, read 211,542 times

Advertisements

It was 108 here in So. Cal. today Could you all please point your fans out west and let us cool down a bit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,689 times
Don't get me wrong, I have empathy for anyone who has to endure a hurricane but....

The weather in Dallas has been pretty nice, generally, since that 'E' hurricane got into the Gulf. It did warm up a bit last week but not to the usual late August/Sept heat. Hurricanes bring something of an atmospheric haze over the area that causes cooling off. I've noticed this years before.

Right now, my outdoor thermo says it 79f. Geez, it's Labor Day at 8 p.m., it ought to be 90+...

Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 PM

96 posts, read 315,217 times
Here in So. CA Inland area on Labor Day it is 110. Yesterday it was 112 and very humid. Hopefully when we arrive in Rockwall area in a week from now we will get a little cooler weather. At least my home in Texas has a pool not like here in CA.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
I do not know how hot it felt yesterday here in the city but out where I was it was AWESOME!!!!!!! We were out on Lake Tawakoni all weekend and it was VERY NICE. Yesterday morning after breakfast we took the SeaDoo's out on the water. Never got hot or sweaty in fact I never broke a sweat. The water was SMOOTH!!! OMYGOSH, it was PERFECT water for riding and having fun. Overcast w/ the sun peeping out just enough. We were on the water with a stop for lunch till about 2:00 and really enjoyed it. Today is supposed to be in the 80's but the humidity is up so there goes my good hair day

Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,000 times
mom2 - how are the lake levels at Tawakoni? We took the boat out on Saturday to Lake Ray Hubbard - it as choppy. We might try Tawakoni this weekend.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,000 times
We went to the Rangers game last night. Inside the stadium the thermometer said 79 at 7 pm... but it was muggy and felt warmer as it was sprinkling a little. By about 8 as the sun was going down, we got a nice cool breeze, it felt nice. I forgot to look to see what the temp said though.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:03 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
mom2 - how are the lake levels at Tawakoni? We took the boat out on Saturday to Lake Ray Hubbard - it as choppy. We might try Tawakoni this weekend.
Actually pretty good. I can't believe that on Memorial Day we still had boat ramps that were bone dry. Sad thing is many people did not keep their shoreline cleared and clean so many lake front people can not use their boat ramps, piers or boathouses . You also have to watch the coves as you can not go as deep into them w/ the Seadoo's - boats are different though. If you have never been I HIGHLY recommend getting a lake map and knowing where all the sandbars are located and the heavy forest that sits just below the water - you don't want to go high tailing it over that part and hit a tree . I've gotta run right now but later I'll post some areas to use to put in at. OH, and if you like spider webs then check out the largest one around located in the S.P. at the water over by Wills Point, gross but neat.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:22 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,689 times
Today was even better. Now if I could just get the dog to go out for a walk.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OH, and if you like spider webs then check out the largest one around located in the S.P. at the water over by Wills Point, gross but neat.
Hey mom...I saw that spider web on the news the other night. Wow that thing is huge...something like millions of tiny spiders and the noise the thing makes due to all the trapped flies and mosquitoes trying to get free!!

And yea, the weather has been terrific for end of August/first of September. The rain tonight helps too!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,009 times
The weather has been unusually pleasant lately. It's great!! Now if one is working hard outside, it's still warm but not enough to make one feel like keeling over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas