U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 08:45 PM

3 posts, read 16,686 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Dallas, but my girlfriend does. I am planning on proposing to her soon and need some ideas. I wanted to go to Lakeside Park, but the day I am planning is a workday and it would probably be close to dark. Is the park lit up at night and accessible?

If Lakeside doesn't work, does anyone have any suggestions of nice places to propose right at sunset time or just after? How about Fountain place?

Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,630,145 times
Flippen Park Highland Park, Texas : FLIPPEN PARK

There's a nice lawn area you could bring a picnic basket/bottle of wine etc.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 PM

11,672 posts, read 21,236,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Flippen Park Highland Park, Texas : FLIPPEN PARK

There's a nice lawn area you could bring a picnic basket/bottle of wine etc.
That is my very favorite park! There's a pretty gazebo overlooking the fountain that is a perfect proposal spot! Bring a picnic dinner & a bottle of wine.

I think the gazebo has a little light in it. There are definitely lights in the park.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 PM

1,282 posts, read 2,976,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpafou View Post
I don't live in Dallas, but my girlfriend does. I am planning on proposing to her soon and need some ideas. I wanted to go to Lakeside Park, but the day I am planning is a workday and it would probably be close to dark. Is the park lit up at night and accessible?

If Lakeside doesn't work, does anyone have any suggestions of nice places to propose right at sunset time or just after? How about Fountain place?

Thanks for the help
Awwww...my hubby proposed at Fountain Place. Beforehand, he set up one of the benches by the fountains with rose petals, flowers bouquets, and wine (he had a buddy hang around nearby to keep an eye on it while he went to pick me up). It was a very romantic scene. What was even cooler, was his buddy secretly recorded the proposal from a short distance, then created a video of the proposal and pictures of the two of us set to music. Unknown to me, hubby had also arranged a brunch with both our families the next day...and he presented me with the video then and we all got to watch it together. A great memory!

So, yes, a big for Fountain Place!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
Awwww...my hubby proposed at Fountain Place. Beforehand, he set up one of the benches by the fountains with rose petals, flowers bouquets, and wine (he had a buddy hang around nearby to keep an eye on it while he went to pick me up). It was a very romantic scene. What was even cooler, was his buddy secretly recorded the proposal from a short distance, then created a video of the proposal and pictures of the two of us set to music. Unknown to me, hubby had also arranged a brunch with both our families the next day...and he presented me with the video then and we all got to watch it together. A great memory!

So, yes, a big for Fountain Place!
How did your hubby get you to Fountain Place...as in, were you going somewhere else and just happened to stop by? Were you completely surprised?

I ask because my gf doesn't know I'll be coming in town so the moment she sees me, she will probably know what is going on. Then I would have to make the long drive there with her knowing. Anyway I do it, this is going to be the case.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,012,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpafou View Post
How did your hubby get you to Fountain Place...as in, were you going somewhere else and just happened to stop by? Were you completely surprised?

I ask because my gf doesn't know I'll be coming in town so the moment she sees me, she will probably know what is going on. Then I would have to make the long drive there with her knowing. Anyway I do it, this is going to be the case.
Even if she figures it out when you pick her up, it will still be special.
Just make up small-talk for the car. Best wishes to you!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 AM

I was surprised because hubby told me we were going out to eat at a nice restaurant downtown.I knew it was going to be a special date night...because he had told me to dress up a little, and that it was a surprise where we would be going...but he did that every now and then so it wasn't a red flag or anything. But like jennifw sais, even if she suspects on the drive over, it won't be any less special. If you guys are at the point of marriage in your relationship, chances are she may have "suspected" at some point before...and she obviously wasn't right then...lol!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM

Oh, and Congrats to you both!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoGirl View Post
Oh, and Congrats to you both!
Thanks!

I'm still not 100% on where to take her to propose. I wanted to go to The Mansion to eat and also stay at the hotel. Any recommendations for or against this?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
If you could swing a private table in the FDR Suite - the one with the balcony, that would be marvelous:

Meeting & Event Space in Dallas | Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek | Meeting Rooms Dallas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas