U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM

6,947 posts, read 18,757,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87x View Post
Well I made the trip this past weekend. OK and KS turnpike were a breeze, only storms got in my way!

I like how people down here can actually drive. I'm not kidding, in KC area people drive like morphine infused molasses. The hustle and bustle was appreciated, though I liked how I could still get places quickly (on the freeways, anyway). However what's with the roads being so bumpy? And some merge weirdness like how 183 SB ending that left lane just sort of crashes into the right lane of I-35E. Frontage roads are very convenient I must say tho.

We also visited Stonebriar Mall, Willowbend Mall, and Grapevine Mills. Stonebriar was meh, Willowbend was pretty neat, liked the high end stuff and awesome food court. GM was way too crowded and reminded me too much of our Great Fail of the Great Plains in layout and outlet tackiness (was made by Simon Properties as well).
Wow, you came all the way here and just went to malls??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM

6,848 posts, read 9,843,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Wow, you came all the way here and just went to malls??
And, still missed the best one --> NorthPark Center

... along
with the The Galleria

Y'all come back, ya hear?!?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:10 PM

6,947 posts, read 18,757,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

... along
with the The Galleria

Funny & soooo true

Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM

440 posts, read 962,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason87x View Post
Hello. I live near Kansas City, Kansas and will be visiting the metroplex to check out various things (small events, nothing by itself huge) and see what all the hype is about (good expectations).

My question is, if I leave next Friday at 10:00 am, and take I-35 the entire way, how bad will traffic be on I-35E from say, Denton and further south? The first event I'm trying to make is near 35E and Walnut Hill Ln, around 7:00 pm. Easily doable? I would guess this to be a reverse commute direction, but with all the growth there, how much time would it take to get from Denton to inside 635 like that?

Also, is my assumption that it would take 8 hours to get from KC area (Olathe near I-35) to the edge of the metroplex correct, for those that have driven it before? Also, I hear Oklahoma cops are extremely crooked, will I need to stick to 65/70 mph the entire time on I-35?
I have driven couple of times from OP, Kansas to DFW (near 635). It will take 8- 9 hours through the turnpike. Stick around the speed limits. There are cops all along the way. Enjoy your stay in DFW.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:52 AM

266 posts, read 475,219 times
Lol we did other things too, but it was a Saturday daytime and we were bored. Not sure why we skipped the Galleria, other than being tired from clubbing too much the previous night (yet I still couldn't get any sleep in the hotel). So I was kind of unprepared on the trip, and pretty exhausted from not being able to sleep, I wanted to visit HOB, the Galleria, and maybe even Deep Ellum but yea.

Believe me, we WILL be back, lol.

The drive home was a breeze. NO storms, and NO speed traps. My friend was amazed that I drove so fast and did not get pulled over.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 AM

11,688 posts, read 21,323,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

... along
with the The Galleria

No kidding!! I wouldn't even think to recommend a trip to Stonebriar or Willowbend even if someone was staying in Plano or Frisco.

And Grapevine Mills is "meh", as are the majority of outlet malls. You can always get better deals AND better quality by shopping sales and clearance in the real store vs the outlet (retailers buy less expensive, lower quality merchandise for their outlets vs selling overstock from their main line stores....even Neiman's / Nordstrom/ Saks are guilty of this!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas