U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 PM
 
7,367 posts, read 8,203,285 times
Reputation: 5463

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooua View Post
That's an interesting belief. On the basis of that belief, what do you expect the marketplace to do to this meat packing plant, and when?
Stop buying meat from the company that owns the plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Dallas
4,625 posts, read 8,568,317 times
Reputation: 3808
Yuck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
 
Location: Katy,TX.
3,468 posts, read 6,845,183 times
Reputation: 3192
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The point is that isn't a "River of Blood".
Then what in the hell is it???.... "Blood in the River"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
5,681 posts, read 9,707,228 times
Reputation: 1889
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Stop buying meat from the company that owns the plant.
THAT is how the market works... Word gets out about this or that, and before you know it, a company that is cheating its customers or doing other unethical things loses customers/business and can't do the bad things it was doing before... And, it becomes an example for others not to follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 AM
 
7,367 posts, read 8,203,285 times
Reputation: 5463
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Then what in the hell is it???.... "Blood in the River"?
I'm simply not a fan of sensationalized headlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Junius Heights
1,245 posts, read 2,948,507 times
Reputation: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
THAT is how the market works... Word gets out about this or that, and before you know it, a company that is cheating its customers or doing other unethical things loses customers/business and can't do the bad things it was doing before... And, it becomes an example for others not to follow.
The problem with that - in this case un like say that of a car manufacturer or a chain fo stores - is that when you buy pork loin from the butcher counter at your local supermarket yo have no idea where it was slaughtered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 AM
 
7,367 posts, read 8,203,285 times
Reputation: 5463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
The problem with that - in this case un like say that of a car manufacturer or a chain fo stores - is that when you buy pork loin from the butcher counter at your local supermarket yo have no idea where it was slaughtered.
To some degree that is probably true. But as this thing unfolds we, consumers and concerned citizens, will note who the company is and learn which brands the company sell under.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
5,681 posts, read 9,707,228 times
Reputation: 1889
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
To some degree that is probably true. But as this thing unfolds we, consumers and concerned citizens, will note who the company is and learn which brands the company sell under.
...and I would add that other businesses along the chain would probably be pressured to stop doing business with such a company as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
 
653 posts, read 702,977 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Stop buying meat from the company that owns the plant.
Amen!

For me personally, it's not for everyone, I was so disgusted with the meat industry that I stopped eating meat all together 23 years ago. But that's an entire other topic, and not for this thread, or for everyone.

However, the least each of us can do is not support corrupt business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2012, 08:45 AM
 
2,279 posts, read 3,926,776 times
Reputation: 1505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
Amen!

For me personally, it's not for everyone, I was so disgusted with the meat industry that I stopped eating meat all together 23 years ago. But that's an entire other topic, and not for this thread, or for everyone.

However, the least each of us can do is not support corrupt business.
Bravo for you, sometimes I wish I could not eat meat..If it didn't taste so damn good and someone could promise me I wouldn't become one of the annoying self-righteous vegetarians I might consider it.

Rivers of blood however might have me reconsidering..Has anyone verified this is actually blood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top