U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM

46 posts, read 61,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unteagle View Post

Overall I love midlothian. Great schools, low crime, low traffic. Very fast growing town.
I want it to stay low crime, great schools, low traffic. The fast growing town part might put an end to that! For that reason, I can see us moving out of Midlothian when our last kid graduates in a few years.

My wife and I want a small town out in the middle of nowhere....this town won't stay small for much longer. That's too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM

9 posts, read 20,952 times
Centrist democrat in Midlothian, living in relative silence. I feel your pain.

The air quality issue was one of those hot-button things a few years ago. Yes, Erin Brokovich came into town because she knew someone local who wanted to make a fuss. Then she left because there was nothing to do. Yes, the air quality would be better without the plants. But to their credit, any time the city has asked them to do anything, they've done it quickly without any sort of legal battle, and the reality is that the plants contribute 49% of the air pollution for all of Dallas, so you're going to get it no matter where you live in the area. Extensive testing was done over the last 10 years, and all tests indicated that Midlothian's air isn't any better or worse than any other towns.

I'M NOT defending the plants. I hate them. They're ugly and they pollute. They're also the reason the town exists in the first place (it was mainly a bedroom community for workers of the plants, especially the steel one) so it's hard to just flat-out condemn them. It's also not fair to write off the entire community because of them. We also have both a small airport and an aviation community, both of which could potentially be hazards for planes crashing into houses. There are risks. If you want to live in a small town with great people, excellent resale value on your property, and within a reasonable distance to shopping and work, then Midlothian is a good choice, regardless of whether or not there are plants nearby.

In fact, the worst thing we've had recently is the Magnablend facility explosion in Waxahachie, which flooded the area with unknown toxins in the air. Far worse than the plants, but since it's a government contractor we'll never really know what all they were storing. Ce la vie.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 636 times
Be careful what Midlothian, TX subdivision you move into. I would suggest requesting open records with the city pertaining to specific neighborhoods. There are reports of a hate group They have been known to do some pretty awful things to people they don't like, don't politically agree with, come from other areas, the elderly, and Christians. Dishonesty, stalking, and invasion of privacy are rampant. They also pick on people who don't fit into their mean mindset, totally ignorant of the Constitution, freedom of speech, liberties, and property rights of others. We really feel for and pray for these people because they seem so lost and live to hate rather than live to love. Also, check out the TX site for predators for zip 76065 and check locality of potential new homes. There are a lot of nice and decent people here, just be careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or