Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:00 PM

34 posts, read 86,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Look at the Centreport area apartments off of Highway 360 and Trinity Blvd in Fort Worth, just south of DFW Airport. They are just minutes from Irving, and they are zoned to HEB schools which is an above average school district, IMO. Much better than what you'd get in Irving unless you happened to live in the small section that goes to Coppell. There are a handful of apartment complexes there, some cheaper than others. I lived there at the Centreport Landing apartments for two years and loved it. It was about $700 a month for a two bedroom. A lot of American Airlines employees live there, and you're right in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth so you're close to everything. It's also in walking distance of a train station for the TRE. I'd personally call them all and explain your circumstances and see if any of them can help you. I had absolutely no credit history and had never rented anywhere before and they accepted me. Maybe they'll be able to overlook your eviction.
Can you remember the name of the apartments? I want my kids to go to HEB schools. But i was afraid on a cna and mcdonalds income we wouldnt be able to afford living in that school district. Its always a dream though honestly. Cauuse my kids mean so much to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Have you tried an apartment locator service? They can do the legwork for you, and probably know some complexes that will let you pay in advance.
Yes i have. Thats how i found the two apartments the one in mesquite and the other inirving off beltline rd.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,524,542 times
Have you looked at apts IN the Mid-Cities
HEB is good district and most of the apt complexes are not new
some of them are not good either--but there are others that are worth considering

what is your price point
do you have to have 3 bedroom apt--cause there are fewer complexes with 3 bds vs 2 bd units

Old 01-26-2012, 09:54 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,522,910 times
The ones I lived in were called "Centreport Landing." They're not the best apartments over there, but they're not the worst either. There are about five or six different complexes in that immediate neighborhood, though. I'd check into all of them.

And, yes, if you want to be in HEB, there are plenty of older, cheaper apartments throughout Hurst-Euless-Bedford.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,524,542 times
because of demographics in the district I bet that CFB ISD and Irving both offer needs-based pre-K but probably not Coppell
HEB does but the program is only at one school I think and pretty difficult to get in

dogs and evictions are problems and the apartment rental market right now is very competitive
you might have easier time finding rental on CraigsList for smaller duplex type rental

Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,608,113 times
Here are the requirements for the Irving ISD preK program:

Prekindergarten Eligibility

Texas Education Code §29.153(b)

To be eligible for enrollment in the prekindergarten class, a child must be four* years of age on September 1 of the current school year and must be:

unable to speak and comprehend the English language, or

educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program), or

homeless, or

the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by the proper authority, or

the child of a member of the armed forces of the United states, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the arme3d forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty, or

has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.

A child who is five of age on September 1 of the current school year is NOT eligible for enrollment in a prekindergarten class.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:25 AM

some cl postings

NICE 2/1.5 NO CREDIT CHECK - WATER PAID (http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/apa/2773869589.html - broken link)
GREAT DEAL - SECTION 8 WELCOME (http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/apa/2784714253.html - broken link)

Old 01-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Default can someone tell me about these areas?

Apartment 1.) Covinton creek 4188 West Pioneer Drive Irving, TX 75061-8106

2.) Park grove square 2957 park grove sqaure dr Irving, TX 75060-4867

3.) Buena vista apartments 3969 Altoona drive dallas, tx

4.) Concord Terrace 306 Park Dr Euless, TX 76040

Work is at 5151 regent way irving, tx. These are the only apartments i could find that would let me pay my 6 month lease upfront even with the eviction from 2009. Im not having any other luck at any other apartments. The reviews on some of these apartments are awful but i figured 6 months, save every paycheck and rent a actual house for my kids and dogs. Lol

Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingme View Post
Apartment 1.) Covinton creek 4188 West Pioneer Drive Irving, TX 75061-8106 THIS AREA IS NOT TOO BAD, THERE ARE A LOT OF APARTMENTS IN THIS AREA BUT GENERALLY THE APARTMENTS ARE IN OK CONDITION AND DON'T LOOK BAD. GOOD LOCATION FOR SHOPPING; RIGHT BEHIND WAL-MART AND VERY CLOSE TO THE IRVING WATERPARK

2.) Park grove square 2957 park grove sqaure dr Irving, TX 75060-4867
JUST WEST OF THIS AREA IS PRETTY SEEDY,THIS IS WALKING DISTANCE TO A DECENT PARK. THESE APARTMENTS LOOK OLD BUT THE IMMEDIATE AREA IS SURROUNDED BY SINGLE FAMILY HOMES, SHOPPING IS LESS CONVENIENT THAN #1.

3.) Buena vista apartments 3969 Altoona drive dallas, tx NO, NO, NO!!! VERY UNDESIRABLE AREA, HIGH CRIME RATE, LOTS OF SUBSIDIZED HOUSING

4.) Concord Terrace 306 Park Dr Euless, TX 76040 SEEDY AREA, LOTS OF WORN DOWN LOOKING BUSINESSES HERE, AUTO BODY REPAIR, ETC. THIS IS A DEPRESSING AREA, PRETTY CONVENIENT TO SHOPPING AND WOULDN'T BE A BAD COMMUTE

Work is at 5151 regent way irving, tx. These are the only apartments i could find that would let me pay my 6 month lease upfront even with the eviction from 2009. Im not having any other luck at any other apartments. The reviews on some of these apartments are awful but i figured 6 months, save every paycheck and rent a actual house for my kids and dogs. Lol

See my comments above. Will any of them let you do a month-to-month if you pay 2 months in advance? Strongly advise you drop the apartments on Altoona from consideration. If you are still thinking about Woodchase, I would put them and Covington Creek at the top of my list. One of my tenants lived at Covington Creek for 4 years. She was glad to move (moved to a house) but I went to the rental office when I was doing background verifications on her and it wasn't a terrible place...quite large. Some of the units faced the street but many faced a rear green field...which would probably be quieter.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
See my comments above. Will any of them let you do a month-to-month if you pay 2 months in advance? Strongly advise you drop the apartments on Altoona from consideration. If you are still thinking about Woodchase, I would put them and Covington Creek at the top of my list. One of my tenants lived at Covington Creek for 4 years. She was glad to move (moved to a house) but I went to the rental office when I was doing background verifications on her and it wasn't a terrible place...quite large. Some of the units faced the street but many faced a rear green field...which would probably be quieter.
Ok i think im going to go with woodchase then. With all the fees and things its $4884 or $48something. For the 6 months and even though that is taking a chunk out of our savings we'll still have enough to pay heat, electric, internet and cable. And save for a better place. Now i just hope that it wont be this hard finding another place once our 6 months are up.

Is there different electrical, heating companies? Here we only have one that provides both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas