U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:19 PM

2,262 posts, read 5,653,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
No, what I have objection too is that some post as if specific burbs are held as some sort of goal, as unattainable to the average person, when people are trying to buy in them. The irony is that they were created for those on all budgets, that in fact is why they exist. ALL price ranges are available in them, with the same schools and "amenities." The OP will find everything very similar to the Kingwood layout, just the terrain will be different.

People will say Burb X is $$$$, when in fact homes can be bought for under 100k. All it takes is a real estate search engine.
Other cities don't have real estate search engines as good as Moderator cut: can only cite realtor.com
If you are referring to my post (which I assume you are), then say so. No where in my post did I say any particular suburb was "unattainable".

Given that I have no idea what the OP's budget is, I was giving generalities. In general, South Lake is expensive. We all know how "affordable" River Oaks or West U. is. Come on! I'm sure I could find a house in River Oaks for $100k - but it's probably not one that I would want to live in. Or it would cost me $100k to buy, and then about $400,000 to tear down and rebuild something I wanted.

If what you are saying is actually true and all suburbs have something for every budget - then I guess you must laugh when a poster honestly asks for recommendations in x or y neighborhoods for z amount of dollars, and people on this forum state (honestly) that they won't find much for that price range in those particular neighborhoods.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-27-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM

9,274 posts, read 22,765,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post

If what you are saying is actually true and all suburbs have something for every budget - then I guess you must laugh when a poster honestly asks for recommendations in x or y neighborhoods for z amount of dollars, and people on this forum state (honestly) that they won't find much for that price range in thos particular neighborhoods.

All Master Planned Communities have something that cater to all budgets. And we were talking the suburbs, not city neighborhoods. Why would I laugh?

When it's asked about city neighborhoods, just about everyone on this forum will gently try to guide people to something that might work within their budget and schooling needs.If they want new, we all say you're going to have to go to the burbs.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:38 PM

2,262 posts, read 5,653,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
All Master Planned Communities have something that cater to all budgets. Why would I laugh?

When it's asked about city neighborhoods, just about everyone on this forum will gently try to guide people to something that might work within their budget and schooling needs.If they want new, we all say you're going to have to go to the burbs.
Um, no they don't. The cheapest house on the market in Fall Creek is $135k, $120k in Summerwood. So if my budget is $100k, then neither of these communities is for me. There are other communities around me that would certainly cater to my budget. But don't assume all master planned communities cater to all budgets. They have a wide range of budgets they cater to for sure, but not everyone can fit into them.

But this discussion is not really helping the OP in any way. They need to give us some more information as to where they will be working, what kind of budget they have, and preferences on amenities, shopping, etc so that better suggestions can be given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or