Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:27 AM

4 posts, read 49,617 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are planning to move from a small town in arkansas to Dallas and decided to live Plano/Addison/Irving/Richardson.
I am interested to know which apartments to choose in these three locations where you have the Indian (south asian) communities living.
I am also looking for good elementary schools and middle schools districts.
Any suggestion on apartment names will be a great help to me.
Also how far are they from downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 PM

690 posts, read 1,728,588 times
Las Colinas in North Irving.

I placed two links for another person who was looking at Richardson. I will have to look for those
links.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 PM

thanks, please let me know. possibly planning for a June move so we can apply to schools.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM

7 posts, read 44,453 times
We are moving there too and looked around for south asian community as well, you will find plenty in las calinos and valley ranch areas.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM

213 posts, read 865,183 times
I live in Jefferson Park Apartments. You can look it up on Google Maps.

The whole area is populated by people of South Asian origin. Lots of Indian places to eat out as well some great American chains as well. Indian grocery stores as well as Kroger is at walking distance.

Check out the area around the Jefferson Park (shown in the map linked above). You will find a lot of apartments like Archstone, Rancho Mirage, Hidden Ridge, Jefferson Ridge etc.

Rents vary from $600-$800 for a 1 BHK to around $1200 for 2 bedroom house. Can't say much about the schools nearby as I don't have any kids of my own.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM

thank you sir.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 31,140 times
Default Moving to Dallas

We are also moving to Dallas in June / July timeframe. Looking for renting an apartment / condo / townhome with decent indian (south asian) commuity and a good elementary school. At the moment, I am looking at Plano / Irving area. But open to recommendations.

Will sincerely appreciate if members can steer to narrow down the neighbourhoods to look at during our relocation trip.

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,036,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_30338 View Post
We are also moving to Dallas in June / July timeframe. Looking for renting an apartment / condo / townhome with decent indian (south asian) commuity and a good elementary school. At the moment, I am looking at Plano / Irving area. But open to recommendations.

Will sincerely appreciate if members can steer to narrow down the neighbourhoods to look at during our relocation trip.

Thanks.
First things first, where is your job going to be located? The metroplex is larger than Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. You definitely want to factor in the proximity of where you live and work to cut down on your commute time.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:39 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Any apartment in the Valley Ranch or Las Collinas area of Irving or North Central Plano (Coit and Hedgecox area) will be chalk full of Indians. I would look there.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 31,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
First things first, where is your job going to be located? The metroplex is larger than Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. You definitely want to factor in the proximity of where you live and work to cut down on your commute time.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have finally accepted the offer. My job is travelling oriented and work from home combined. So not sure if I need to worry too much about daily commute. I rather stay closer to airport if possible.

As I indicated before, our top priorities are good school (I heard some really good comments about Coppell ISD and Plano ISD) and safety. After that presence of Indian (South Asian) community is nice to have.

Please advise. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: