U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM

606 posts, read 1,484,392 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for a nice arcade in Dallas but haven't found anything that great. I have been to Main Event in Plano and honestly have a lack of games. Just yesterday I went to Nickelrama in Garland, they actually have more games than Main Event but a lot machines seemed run down. I have also heard bad things about Dave & Busters, supposedly they don't have much pinball machines according to reviews. Maybe Amazing Jakes in Plano might be good?

There is got to be a very good arcade in a big city like Dallas. Anyone got any idea where I can find great Arcade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM

109 posts, read 165,178 times
Dave & Buster's in Frisco and Arlington are the largest and nicest ones I know of. Sadly, not much pinball though. But if you can wait a few weeks...

The Texas Pinball Festival - March 23-25, 2012

Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 PM

4,302 posts, read 3,706,329 times
Arcades are dying out, sadly. Dave and Busters will be a disappointment to you. I've never been to Amazing Jakes.

I'm not into pinball much, but I actually built my own home arcade, running MAME and several other emulators. I have all the classic games that I used to play at arcades in my youth, as well as newer games like Golden Tee and such.

There are cabinet kits out there you can buy, then you just add a computer, monitor, and the software needed. If you're interested I can send you a few links to get you started.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:13 PM

3,224 posts, read 2,456,424 times
PS3's,Wii,XBOX,Game Stop and Walmart all killed arcades...Amazing Jakes is more big on indoor go-carts,carosel's,laser Tag,Rock Climbing,Themed birthday Parties and eating;with a few arcade games mixed in. It's not really geared towards the die-hard arcade seekers.You would definately be disappointed if you go here for anything other than providing a good time for you child or children under the age of 13. To me Dave and Busters is the best bet....Hope this Helped.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 PM

2,800 posts, read 5,687,196 times
I always thought Nickelrama was great for what it is. Dave and Busters and the like are crazy overpriced.
If you are just adults looking for arcade games, check out Barcadia on Henderson. It IS a bar, though, so no kids.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:12 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,419,002 times
I almost asked this same question myself. Dave and Buster's isn't bad, but I'd certainly expect there to be larger in a city this large. I may have to check out that Barcadia.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 PM

606 posts, read 1,484,392 times
Barcadia sounds interesting, do they actually have better selection than other places?

I have been looking some of Arcade games I used play as kid, like I remember this Spider man game which might have been Marvel vs Capcom. It just back 10-15 years ago I swear the Arcades had a bunch of cool games. I was disappointed in what I saw when checking out Nickelrama or Main Event.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 PM

4,074 posts, read 4,133,597 times
What's an Arcade?

Seriously though, Dave & Buster's is about as good as it gets. After that it's Xbox or Play Station

Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,419,002 times
My research has shown that there is/was a Gameworks in Grapevine but their website doesn't list the location so I'm guessing they closed it. That's a shame as it looks like it would be worth it to drive there.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 AM

49 posts, read 100,257 times
Barcadia has mostly old-school games. Think mid 90's and earlier games. They do have a giant Jenga set which is pretty awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas