U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 PM

127 posts, read 204,838 times

Advertisements

Any of you guys know much about the Spinnaker Cove sub division? We are in contract with a house there now. I've met a few neighbors who were really nice, seen a ton is kids playing around in the street, and several couples walking their dogs ect... It looks like the perfect neighborhood for us.
I like it much better than the last house's neighborhood and we found a house that was over 10K cheaper (although slightly smaller and older).

Perhaps God did have other plans (although, still being in contract this one is still up in the air.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 03:18 PM

2,487 posts, read 5,581,808 times
Spinnaker Cove is nice-I had a MaryKay rep that lived over there. She had a cute littel home. I remember the color of the living room was this light purple pink color.....kind of shocking. I wish you all the luck on the closing of the home. Sounds like you are very happy with the wait.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,813 times
Default Rowlett

I have lived in Rowlett for almost 10 years and it is a nice place to be. In regards to the schools, part of Rowlett is in the Garland ISD but there is also an area of Rowlett (east of Dalrock) that is in Rockwall County and therefore is in the Rockwall ISD. We were in the Rockwall ISD part and loved the schools. Happy house hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
Look, I've read the previous flame wars between two particular forums members about Rowlett so lets not rehash that again ok?

My wife and I just had our first Child and are bursting at the seams in our two bedroom apartment because I work at home and one of the bedrooms is "the office" so we need more space.

We first wanted to move to Rockwall because my inlaws live there and the mother-in-law is going to be daycare for the baby so my wife and go back to part time work. So being in or close to Rockwall was the key location consideration.

That being said most of what we found in Rockwall right now was too expensive or too old with too many issues to sink money into. So we looked the next City over and found some very affordable and not very old houses in Rowlett.

I like the neighborhoods there, they look pretty nice. It looks kind of like the suburb I pictured myself living in.

I know previously there were concerns that Rowlett was "stranded" far away from any major highway, but now that the new section of George Bush goes through I take it this is less of an issue?

Commute isn't an issue for me since i work at home (or if anything might end up renting an executive office off of 75 and George Bush), and my wife works for Richardson ISD (so moving to Rowlett instead of Rockwall would be MUCH better for the commute).

So, now that we're in 2012, whats the deal with Rowlett? Good? THings to look out for? Utilities issues? Cable? Internet? From what I've read all the schools are pretty much above board compared to Dallas ISD.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:20 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,300,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc2002 View Post
I have lived in Rowlett for almost 10 years and it is a nice place to be. In regards to the schools, part of Rowlett is in the Garland ISD but there is also an area of Rowlett (east of Dalrock) that is in Rockwall County and therefore is in the Rockwall ISD. We were in the Rockwall ISD part and loved the schools. Happy house hunting.

Only problem with that part of Rowlett is that a) it's a LONG way down 66 if you want to get out to Garland or the PGBT, so you'll be fighting more traffic from Rockwall on your commute. b) The Rockwall schools are pretty much all in Rockwall, so you have to drive a considerable distance to drop kids off. We too are looking in Rowlett...we checked out a couple of houses in Waterview...beautiful area, crappy location. You have to drive on long winding 2 lane roads just to get there. I can't imagine what the rush hour traffic is like. We have a kid in Harmony Science Academy in Garland so we really wanted to be relatively close to that. So far not having much luck. Hope others are doing better.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM

127 posts, read 204,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Only problem with that part of Rowlett is that a) it's a LONG way down 66 if you want to get out to Garland or the PGBT, so you'll be fighting more traffic from Rockwall on your commute. b) The Rockwall schools are pretty much all in Rockwall, so you have to drive a considerable distance to drop kids off. We too are looking in Rowlett...we checked out a couple of houses in Waterview...beautiful area, crappy location. You have to drive on long winding 2 lane roads just to get there. I can't imagine what the rush hour traffic is like. We have a kid in Harmony Science Academy in Garland so we really wanted to be relatively close to that. So far not having much luck. Hope others are doing better.

PGBT is open from 30 now, so its only a couple minutes away. The commute is no big deal now.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 1,813 times
It's not really as far as you think, I drive into Dallas every day to work (from near the Waterview area). Since the construction on 190 has been finished traffic moves along. You can get to Waterview without going down the "winding two lane road" -- take Dalrock and go left at the split, Waterview is down Princeton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post

Old 02-06-2014, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 480 times
What time are you leaving in the morning and what time are you coming home? Whats the avg commute time each way? My husband will be working in uptown on crescent court in dallas and we are considering Waterview.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:16 PM

9,515 posts, read 19,538,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymhm View Post
What time are you leaving in the morning and what time are you coming home? Whats the avg commute time each way? My husband will be working in uptown on crescent court in dallas and we are considering Waterview.
Wow! That will be a long drive!!

I haven't made the commute from Rockwall to downtown in quite a few years, but it used to take about 45 minutes if I left at 7 am. So, your husband's commute will be a little less since he's not having to cross the lake like I did. Be advised, though, that if there is an accident on I30, his commute will really suck...

Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 AM

3,029 posts, read 6,918,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Wow! That will be a long drive!!

I haven't made the commute from Rockwall to downtown in quite a few years, but it used to take about 45 minutes if I left at 7 am. So, your husband's commute will be a little less since he's not having to cross the lake like I did. Be advised, though, that if there is an accident on I30, his commute will really suck...
Just like your commute will really suck if there is an accident on I-35 if you live in Carrollton, and will really suck if there is an accident on Central if you live in Plano, etc.. Waterview to downtown Dallas is best via Bush Turnpike to I-30, where you have completely bi-passed all of the bridges over the lake since it intersects in Garland near Bobtown Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas