U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:12 PM

126 posts, read 290,179 times

Advertisements

Lol....u guys r really funny!

I think the OP got what he wanted out of this post. I can understand skids929's frustration on having neighbors with bad yards (not that I have any like that) but your bringing that to OP's question of many Indians living in the community is a bad QED.

I just disagree your theorem that many Indians = bad yards :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 02:56 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,284,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler23 View Post
I appreciate the honesty. I thought seeing so many Indian families was just a fluke, but it sounds like that's just the reality of the neighborhood. I think we've decided were going to pass on CHN and look at the older phases of castle hills or Moore farm. I'm fine with diversity, but I don't want to be a minority relative to one ethnic group. I recognize not everyone shares that view, just my preference.

Boiler,
You are on the right path.. I would highly suggest you check out the main part of CH. There are plenty of houses under 400k and not just in the older part of the main neighborhood.

CH's is way nicer than Moore farms. It's right around the same price and there are a TON of amenities here that Moore Farms doesn't have.

I live in this neighborhood and don't sugar coat ANYTHING. If you want the truth on anything, just send me a private message. I just come on this website to pay back a time when I was looking for a home and others here helped me out. We chose CH's and REALLY LOVE it here. It's way better than Moore Farms.

Also, Skids knows what he is talking about too.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post

CHN has strict HOA rules on yard upkeep.
Guess what? I LIVE in CH's and while the majority of the people keep up their yards, the HOA is VERY slow to act on those who don't. The HOA has one person who takes phones calls about problems ...ONE! There are approx. 2600 homes here and counting and approx. 8000 residents.

Your information is second hand and wrong.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:31 PM

695 posts, read 1,224,354 times
Do not, repeat, do not buy in Moore Farm! I have been following the local listings for a few years and a lot of homes in Moore Farm have lost value. If you check recent sales in the neighborhood, you'll find plenty of homes that have lost significant value. Plus, Moore Farm is not a distinct nor distinctive neighborhood with the awesome amenities Castle Hills has.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyqb View Post

I have to disagree to this post. Few Indians are cheap no doubt....but not when it comes to their houses. Plano is infested with homes owned by Indians and I don't see this absurd description of yards on any of them.

You don't see the "Absurd description"?? Do you need glasses by any chance??

You are welcome to disagree, we all have opinions. I had 8 private messages from random people telling me I was dead on accurate with my post. I think that speaks volumes of my opinion.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:15 PM

1,548 posts, read 2,293,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

Moderator cut: orphaned I prefer not to have people so cheap that is negatively effects my property value and curbside appeal..And while we're being completely honest, there are alot of Indians that don't want their children around anyone but Indians. Quite common actually. IN fact I would create the argument that CHN is a perfect example of that kind of thinking, since word of mouth in the Indian Community somewhere is attracting Indian folks to that neighborhood. It's not coincidence thats for sure.. Again, my philosophy is I don't want to be outnumbered to the point I feel out of place, possibly not welcome etc. And that people can live where they want, group together etc, like CHN for Indian people. But for me, it's a deterrent to move into a place full of one singular race for obvious reasons.

Moderator cut: orphaned
Now perhaps this is a problem with Indians living in the Boston area...I'll just have to take your word for it, but I dont think that is the case here at all. Indians are well represented in most of the affluent areas in the Metroplex. Plenty of them in Coppell, Valley Ranch, Plano, Sunnyvale, Frisco, Allen, and Castle Hills. I've yet to hear anyone say anything about them negatively impacting property values. Indians generally speaking tend to be highly educated and affluent, with low crime/drugs within their communities. Hence this is why I would take living with them over living with some...other groups who do not bring any of the positives that I just mentioned, and some far nastier negatives than unkempt yards, and I'll leave it at that

Now as far as your other comment about not wanting to be a minority in a particular neighborhood, I agree 100 per cent. I've never been to CHN, but I've heard you and others remark on the sheer numbers of Indians living there. I think that would be a valid reason for not wanting to live there, rather than any unfounded fears of lower property values.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM

29,945 posts, read 34,545,221 times
Overall what many people of other cultures don't understand is how to do home maintenance, work a screwdriver or paint a wall. Many don't know you have to actually hand water a tree or correctly schedule a sprinkler system. These are things we learn here in the states most of the time from our youth but it's a foreign concept to many people.

That's why they like new construction. Many can't wrap their brain around what's needed on older existing homes.

Being a RE agent I can't join in this discussion but there are many accuracies on this thread.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:57 PM

695 posts, read 1,224,354 times
I have not noticed problems with people keeping up their properties, and I have been all over the neighborhood. I don't think it's a problem at all in any part of Castle Hills.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 PM

29,945 posts, read 34,545,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse View Post
I have not noticed problems with people keeping up their properties, and I have been all over the neighborhood. I don't think it's a problem at all in any part of Castle Hills.
Come to Valley Ranch, LaVillita, Wellington in Flower Mound.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,913,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse View Post
Thats because you dont get a yard in CHN!!!

How can you foul up land you don't have?! Front of a 50' lot is all driveway usually with cars parked everywhere, and a small patch of grass barely worth owning a mower for.

Personally, and candidly speaking, I thought CHN was a complete dump compared to the original phases of CH and I can see why people in the older phases might have an attitude towards CHN like it's low-rent. Cause comparatively, it is.

Wasn't for us..In fact given a choice, I would rather an older home in the older section needing major updates than anything brand spanking new CHN. It's not for everyone.

Last edited by skids929; 03-02-2012 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas