Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM

695 posts, read 1,443,740 times

Advertisements

We pretty much made that choice. There are more builders in the older phases and thus, more variety in the homes. You don't really know if someone else has your plan because the houses don't tend to look the same. The elementary school is better in the older phases and you have access to more amenities. We looked at CHN and my husband fell in love with one floor plan but we ultimately purchased in the older part of the neighborhood and I'm glad we did, even though we will need to do some updating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,952,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse View Post
We pretty much made that choice. There are more builders in the older phases and thus, more variety in the homes. You don't really know if someone else has your plan because the houses don't tend to look the same. The elementary school is better in the older phases and you have access to more amenities. We looked at CHN and my husband fell in love with one floor plan but we ultimately purchased in the older part of the neighborhood and I'm glad we did, even though we will need to do some updating.
The original CH is totally different then the north development. They should have given it a different name since it's really an entirely separate area and designed to be a much less expensive community.

You're right on about the original, the new section looks like something you'd see in McKinney for under $250k. (Heights of Westridge)

Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,625,828 times
Yeah, I personally wish they wouldn't have named it Castle Hills... Cheap Hills would have been more fitting. It's basically a cheap knockoff version of the REAL CH's. The front garages help junk up the neighborhood with the trashcans out front and TONS of cars parked out on the streets everywhere.

Also, there is simply not enough diversity there. I've seen the effects of a majority Asian/South Asian neighborhood and it isn't pretty. I don't care what anyone here says either, I've seen it first hand.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 PM

I wish the RE agents here could give their opinions since they show homes all the time and see tons of neighborhoods. I understand they have to be neutral/PC. I will say that I know RE agents outside of the ones here and they all share my same views.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 AM

7 posts, read 24,459 times
This has been a great discussion. Thanks to everyone for their insight. I think we'll aim for one of the older phases of CH. Based on all the input we've received, we've ruled out CHN and probably Moore Farm. I suppose, like any area, there are pros AND cons associated with older CH, but all in all, it seems like a great place to raise a family. Houses may generally be higher priced, but I think we'll still be able to find something in the low 300s. For that price point, and as a young family, I just don't think there's another area (that's still relatively close to downtown Dallas) that can beat it.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 PM

198 posts, read 500,884 times
Ah I see the CH hate on CH norht is still alive and kicking. I too would have loved to have CH north named something else so I would not be lumped with asenines like the trolls on here....to say that CH is diverse is as stoopid as saying as white dude watching Chris Rock and getting a black joke..LOL heck...even a KKK Grand Dragon likes a good fajita taco once in a while...power lines, train, humming sound...weve covered this already ad nauseum...alll you gotta do is do a search of Castle Hills on City Data and you will find the discussion threads that we have covered this already. On my street I have a korean neighbor, a chinese one, several anglo families, indians and latins...they dont like that in the original CH they want a 98 majority white homeowners with a family of color (preferably with light skin kids) every 5 to 6 streets only please... Not all of us have penis envy need the 5000K foot home and the 4 car garage and a gigantic 4X4 F350 to show we gotta chedda we can be just fine without being gluttunos..as far as the school again just do a search on CH and you can find discussion on the school as well...

Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 PM

383 posts, read 730,654 times
It is darktown.

Lots of people of Asian-origin Moderator cut: see comment living in McMansions or God Forbid what on earth they've knocked down and built.

That sounds kind of harsh but as I am Gujurati I am going to play the unimpeachable moral authority card.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: No notes/comments to any mod in the forum - send DM only.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
they dont like that in the original CH they want a 98 majority white homeowners with a family of color (preferably with light skin kids) every 5 to 6 streets only please
Wow.. You are showing your true colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone9900tx View Post
Not all of us have penis envy need the 5000K foot home and the 4 car garage and a gigantic 4X4 F350 to show we gotta chedda
That is a good point. That is why plenty of us who live in the main part of CH's, have homes 3k square feet and UNDER and paid very close to the same amount the residents in CH's north paid. Also, I have NEVER seen anyone in this neighborhood with a 4x4 F350 except the maintenance workers. I'm not sure why that is a vehicle you think the "rich" people drive?

People are going to buy what they want to. The OP asked if it was true that CHN is majority South Asian(Indian) and the answer is YES. The OP doesn't want to live in a neighborhood that is a majority of a race besides his/her own and wants more diversity. I don't see a problem with that. Big deal.. get over it.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Come to Valley Ranch, LaVillita, Wellington in Flower Mound.
My guess is the same thing will happen to CHN in time as well. Right now it's still brand new.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,730,292 times
What this means is that Independence will be the top Elementary in 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas