U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 3,670 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Dallas, my husband will be working in Irving. We have four kids ages nine, seven, five, and three so school are really important. We will like to living in an area where there is nice dinning, shopping and easy to walk. A bonus would be a nice farmers market close our budget is up to $350k. Any help would be appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 PM

30,049 posts, read 34,844,462 times
Easy to walk is not real available in TX. A lot of people who work here in Las Colinas (Irving) in your price range live in Coppell, Flower Mound, Lantana, Castle Hills (over $350k), Plano and La Villita (Las Colinas).

One of my favorite areas in your price range is Flower Mound. The DFW airport tends to act as a barrier to getting to the cities to the west like Keller, Colleyville.

All the above are good areas with good schools but you'll need a car to get around.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:01 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you for the reply, I wanted to know how about Richardson and it is far from Iving.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 AM

27,765 posts, read 45,325,887 times
first check a map and you can see how far any area suburb is from your husband's work and get estimate of drive time--add 15 min each way just to cover bad traffic/construction which is rampant in metroplex now

second--
run search on this forum for RICHARDSON and you will get plenty of posts/threads with comments about it--
Richardson ISD is strong district--area is aging/mature depending on who is doing the posting/observing and the specific area in Richardson

but as the first poster pointed out there are very few areas in DFW metroplex that is "walkable" to restaurants/shopping from most residential areas that would cater to families
Lakewood advocates would say it is one--but it is on EAST side of Dallas and commute might not be that easy

Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,816,412 times
Its a crazy drive between Richardson and Irving! Traffic is very congested. I sometimes attend a professional association meeting that starts at 7pm in Richardson and it takes me an hour to drive there most of the time leaving Irving at 6pm. I often skip the meeting because the traffic can be so miserable. I know all the back surface roads, too. I would not advise anyone working in Irving to deliberately move to Richardson unless there is a compelling reason. Why are you interested in Richardson?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM

My husband old employer have a office there , and he was offered a job there before that is the only reason I know anything Richardson. Just wanted to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or