U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 AM

1,165 posts, read 2,008,280 times

Advertisements

Frisco has a mass amount of rental homes.Frisco has very small lot sizes overall.Property taxes are some of the lowest in the metroplex and there are many houses available under $180,000. Rents on houses are reasonable, more so than in suburbs like Fairview, Southlake, Colleyville,Prosper or Flower mound for example. Frisco attracts alot of transplants,many who are here in Trxas temporarily. Red some forums on here describing Frisco. It is a wonderful,safe suburb...just not a good fit for everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM

6 posts, read 4,762 times
Default affordable towns similar to Grapevine/ Flower Mound

We are relocating to the area next year. Hubby currently works out of Farmer's Branch area, but is still based here at home in North Carolina. I have been trying to decide on a town to move to within a 30 minute commute of his work, with a good middle school/ high school for a son whos starting middle next year. Problem is all the "highly recommended" places on these forums tend to be what I consider VERY expensive. We are in the less than 200k price range ..What towns have this?? I've liked Flower Mound, Richardson, Grapevine, Highland Village etc..in searching the web before..where else can I be looking?
Thanks
FYI info: we are originally from California, been in NC for 8 yrs. I love gardening, chickens, nature walks so parks/ nature preserves close is nice.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM

30,011 posts, read 34,660,144 times
One of my favorite areas under $200k is Lewisville. It's just east of Flower Mound.

There are places in Frisco in this price range also that would be a 30 minute commute.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 PM

951 posts, read 1,424,067 times
I agree Frisco is a long commute to Las Colinas. We love Frisco and will be moving to Frisco soon. It just a great location for us. However, I will be commuting to Las Colinas from Frisco. The job offer came after I bought the house so in short you cannot control where you work but you can control where you live to a larger extent. FM just did not appeal to us with all around difficulties in commuting "out" of it in the first place... lol. We love the access in Frisco and it is a great fit for us. Some generic sterotypical comments on Frisco "shopping at foreever 21, etc" just shows the extreme to which haters go on this forum and hence, their recommendation is really worth that much. Lot of young executives live in that side of the metroplex and I have interacted with many. It is sorrounded by beautiful burbs such as Prosper, McKinney, Allen and Plano... we love that area.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 PM

276 posts, read 422,576 times
Oh it sucks that you bought in Frisco and job is in LC. Anyways, jobs change and things happen, that is the reason people like to live in central locations. People who pay unnecessary attention to other people's clothing would be worse neighbors than ones who wear FE21 clothing. Ignore them.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM

951 posts, read 1,424,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepingitsimple View Post
Oh it sucks that you bought in Frisco and job is in LC. Anyways, jobs change and things happen, that is the reason people like to live in central locations. People who pay unnecessary attention to other people's clothing would be worse neighbors than ones who wear FE21 clothing. Ignore them.
haha.. Yes. But then I listen to (read) books on audible.com so it should be okay... moreover, people who live in centralized locations will always commute whereas there are tremendous opportunities in Plano / Frisco/ Richardson areas as well.. My ideal location was Las Colinas when we were looking but the soil and school situation did not work for us

Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 888 times
Default help what's the name of this flower?

help what's the name of this flower?
Attached Thumbnails
Flower Mound vs. Frisco-img_6522.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas