U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 AM

64 posts, read 209,049 times

Advertisements

How is the area around the Azure? We're thinking of renting a condo for a couple of years and wanted to get a sense of "high rise" living in Dallas. The Azure looked nice but all condos look nice online... Is the building clean and well maintained? Are there shops/groceries within walking distance? Most importantly, is the neighborhood safe?

Are there any other condos, similar to the Azure, that any of you folks can recommend? The W looked nice as well but not sure what the price range is on that.

We have not eliminated the option of living in a house but don't want to deal with routine maintenance/upkeep.

Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 AM

469 posts, read 740,335 times
Building is EXTREMELY nice in a great area. I'm sure it is in the top 5 condos in Dallas, if not top 3.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 AM

469 posts, read 740,335 times
Museum Tower is the only tower I can think of that will compete (once it is completed)

Old 03-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Museum Tower does look nice... Doesn't look like it'll open in time... What would you consider to be the top 5 condos in Dallas?

So, the neighborhood around the Azure is safe? I have a young child so safety is very important to us. Can we walk around the neighborhood in the evenings and feel safe?

Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 PM

2,982 posts, read 8,181,011 times
I have walked at night around Victory with my kids - the green space across from Neo's, etc. No worries.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM

11,678 posts, read 21,250,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation101 View Post
Museum Tower does look nice... Doesn't look like it'll open in time... What would you consider to be the top 5 condos in Dallas?

So, the neighborhood around the Azure is safe? I have a young child so safety is very important to us. Can we walk around the neighborhood in the evenings and feel safe?
You can definitely walk around at night & feel safe but it is NOT a "kid-friendly" neighborhood. None of the restaurants, etc are geared towards families (even those with mature "city" kids). No playgrounds, parks, etc other than some green space to let your dogs relieve themselves The Science museum will of course be kid friendly when it opens, but the greater Victory Park area is singles (party) central.

The Azure is very nice, but I have never seen a kid there and I have good friends who live in the building.

I would recommend The Travis @ Katy Trail (4611 Travis), The Mayfair on Turtle Creek, Plaza Two Condos (2828 Hood & managed by The Mansion on Turtle Creek hotel/ Rosewood Corp) or anything in the State Thomas neighborhood (off Hall & Thomas) for more kid-friendly urban high-rise living. These are all within 1 block of a real park, where kids can run and play and may even have a playground/ swingset to enjoy. Nice pools that aren't littered with half-naked drunked 20-somethings every weekend. The Travis, Plaza Two, and State-Thomas are more "residential" neighborhoods than Victory Park is.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 PM

The Azure has half-naked drunks by the pool???

Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 AM

11,678 posts, read 21,250,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation101 View Post
The Azure has half-naked drunks by the pool???
I'd recommend stopping by on a warm, sunny Saturday before signing on the dotted line. There are so many athletes who live/own in that building that there always seems to be an "entourage" of either friends / girls or wannabes there.

Pretty much any pool in Uptown is a "scene" except the more demure Turtle Creek high rises, the Crescent, the Ritz,...???

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM

428 posts, read 1,209,164 times
Azure is a nice building. But not a residential feeling to the neighborhood. Very office oriented neighborhood. That would be the best description. No grocery stores. Only high end dinning unless you walk all the way to Uptown/St Thomas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or