U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,924 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I heard this forum is really great in giving advices regarding a city and its rules and everything.
I recently received a traffic ticket at city of Wilmer on my way to Dallas from Houston. I called the court and the lady at the court said that I can pay it online at trafficpayment.com. This is the first time I am getting a traffic ticket. I had no clue what to do. So I went and payed the fine online. I had no clue if I pay the fines online, I cannot request for defensive driving course. What should I do next? What will be the consequences ? Can I still take a defensive driving course online so that my insurance doesnt go up? What will happen to the ticket in my driver's record ?

Thank you
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
10,117 posts, read 16,713,055 times
Reputation: 24580
I know that you can take defensive driving at any time (don't need a ticket) in order to get a discount insurance from my car insurance company. However, as I recall, you can only take the class once a year, so if you took it for the discount, and THEN got a ticket in the same year, you'd be stuck.

Since you already paid your ticket, I am pretty sure it's too late to get the ticket off your driving record, but you still may be able to get a discount on your insurance. I'd call your agent and find out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM
 
2,002 posts, read 3,985,272 times
Reputation: 1748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I know that you can take defensive driving at any time (don't need a ticket) in order to get a discount insurance from my car insurance company. However, as I recall, you can only take the class once a year, so if you took it for the discount, and THEN got a ticket in the same year, you'd be stuck.

Since you already paid your ticket, I am pretty sure it's too late to get the ticket off your driving record, but you still may be able to get a discount on your insurance. I'd call your agent and find out.
I think it's too late since the OP already paid.

By any chance, Debsi, do you know if the discount is a one-time thing? I had a ticket and I did defensive driving last year. It would be too late to ask for a discount now?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
10,117 posts, read 16,713,055 times
Reputation: 24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
I think it's too late since the OP already paid.

By any chance, Debsi, do you know if the discount is a one-time thing? I had a ticket and I did defensive driving last year. It would be too late to ask for a discount now?
The discount is supposed to be good for 3 years.. I don't know if you can get them to get you a refund on last year (fat chance, right? ) but if you can provide proper proof that you took the course you ought to be able to get the next 2 years discount out of it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
 
2,002 posts, read 3,985,272 times
Reputation: 1748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
The discount is supposed to be good for 3 years.. I don't know if you can get them to get you a refund on last year (fat chance, right? ) but if you can provide proper proof that you took the course you ought to be able to get the next 2 years discount out of it.
Yep, fat chance, but I'll call them anyway. Worst thing they can tell me is "no".
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
10,117 posts, read 16,713,055 times
Reputation: 24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
Yep, fat chance, but I'll call them anyway. Worst thing they can tell me is "no".
My mantra is "It never hurts to ask."
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top