U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 PM

12 posts, read 11,675 times

Advertisements

We very recently moved from West Texas to the Hebron/Josey area, and we love it here. We are across Josey from CH, so I cannot comment on that except to say it is very pretty, very new-looking, with some fairly good restaurants. We've been very, very pleased with what LISD has had to offer. My kids go to Arbor Creek MS, and I'll have one at Hebron next year.

I think North Carrollton is more diverse than west Plano, but I could be wrong about that. Definitely you should check it out, and compare it to CH to see what you think. Good luck in your home search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 PM

12 posts, read 11,675 times
After thinking about this some more, I would also suggest that you stop by the elementary schools in the areas you're contemplating moving to. Either do a drop in, or if you want a tour, make an appt w/ the office staff. You should very quickly be able to get a *feel* for each school's atmosphere.

As a long-time teacher, I would suggest that you check the schools personally, and don't completely judge them by the good or bad experiences of others. Certainly a lot of negative feedback about a particular school would be a red flag, but read with discernment, then see for yourself.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:26 PM

695 posts, read 1,227,863 times
The principal of Castle Hills Elementary is retiring after this year, which you might want to consider as well.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 PM

207 posts, read 425,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
I grew up in Carrollton, and now live in Castle Hills, for your budget you have a lot of options, you can basically chose any school district you would like and still get into a nice home.

I loved Carrollton Schools, I would recommend any place you buy be a part of Creekview HS, that is the better school in the main part of Carrollton, I think elementary would be Kent (I work close to this school, and I would love it if my kids could go there as well) LOTS OF DIVERSITY!! From experience. Carrollton is a great place to live, low crime, diversity and reasonable cost of living. Will not get new construction in the CISD area, and may be a bit older if that is ok with your taste, prices for houses in Carrollton are very reasonable.

If you decide Lewisville, and dont want Independence, and your budget clearly allows it, look in the original phase of Castle hills, that will get you Castle Hills elementary, and Hebron HS. You do still have some new home options, if that is something you would like. I think LISD is a great district, and there is a lot of funding coming into the schools, especially the schools being funded additional dollars from Castle hills.(
Creekview HS is in Carrollton, but is it Lewisville ISD (like Castle Hills) or is it Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD? The district lines of Carrollton can put u in Lewisville ISD or Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:55 PM

695 posts, read 1,227,863 times
Creekview is CFBISD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or