Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:34 PM

307 posts, read 531,803 times

Advertisements

Don't know where you had the tires put on, but they obviously didn't see any problem they thought needing your attention. That's what makes me think the car hit a curb or something. Sorry you have to deal with this.

I'm telling my wife I have her too spoiled. She tells her friends how she hasn't even had to pump a tank of gas in ten years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Why has your husband not stepped up to check all this out and make sure your car is drivable ?

If I needed cash I would not be spending money on internet service and I'd hock my computer for cash to get my car fixed?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Boy, this is a great thread. I can't wait to hear more about all the crazy stuff going on. Will the car crash driving to work? Is there enough food for everyone to survive? Is anyone going to swallow gas while siphoning gas for the car? Are the babies going without diapers? Who is keeping the children? Where is that darling husband and father? I'm on the edge of my seat. This is better than the best television soap opera.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
This is better than the best television soap opera.
And like a good soap opera it can go on and on and on....

Then it's time to change channels.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
so without an alignment its drivable just not fast and no wheels will fall off? i just really need to make it back and forth to work for a week. and first thing thursday morning it will be getting fixed.
Why Thursday luv? Is that when you'll have the money to get the car fixed? Or is Thursday your day off from work? Or is Thursday when your darling husband gets involved?

I just gotta know - are all the utilities still on? Is the rent up-to-date? Are you into dumpster diving? Do you accept donations?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 PM

62 posts, read 210,607 times
Quote:
Boy, this is a great thread. I can't wait to hear more about all the crazy stuff going on. Will the car crash driving to work? Is there enough food for everyone to survive? Is anyone going to swallow gas while siphoning gas for the car? Are the babies going without diapers? Who is keeping the children? Where is that darling husband and father? I'm on the edge of my seat. This is better than the best television soap opera.
hahahaha, I thought I was the only one who couldn't take their eyes off this thread lol! this is better than The Young & The Restless lol!

Seriously, OP I think you will be fine; however, the best person to judge that would be you or your husband who can actually physically see the car and know its history...if you/he aren't sure ask the mechanic who fixed it or drive it to an auto parts store or somewhere and they'll prob look at it or at least give an opinion for free.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM

207 posts, read 506,384 times
Quote:
Why Thursday luv? Is that when you'll have the money to get the car fixed? Or is Thursday your day off from work? Or is Thursday when your darling husband gets involved?

I just gotta know - are all the utilities still on? Is the rent up-to-date? Are you into dumpster diving? Do you accept donations?
she said her rent and utilities are paid 6 months in advance......

Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 PM

219 posts, read 333,989 times
nope. the car showed no sign of it about to mess up. i didnt go anywhere but to my interviews and feeling out apps. so i didnt hit anything other than the little pot holes around the freeway and streets. no curbs, trees, cars, ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablebodied View Post
If you have driven it and are comfortable with the feel of it you should be okay. Again, only you know the car's past and what was going on leading up to the problem. I don't know if anyone asked, but did you hit something recently?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,756 times
I've had my car kind of fall out of alignment. (I had adjusted something on it and didn't tighten the bolt enough.) It was to the point the tires were squealing as I was driving. Luckily I was only a few miles from home and managed to drive there without the tires blowing out, but they certainly got warm. If it's that misaligned, you're not going to make it far. If it's at least close, you'll be alright for a while.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:11 AM

219 posts, read 333,989 times
thats what mines are doing. but i have to work today, tomorrow, and saturday. and then im not sure what my schedule is for next week but i cant get it done til thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
I've had my car kind of fall out of alignment. (I had adjusted something on it and didn't tighten the bolt enough.) It was to the point the tires were squealing as I was driving. Luckily I was only a few miles from home and managed to drive there without the tires blowing out, but they certainly got warm. If it's that misaligned, you're not going to make it far. If it's at least close, you'll be alright for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas