U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM

318 posts, read 371,697 times

Advertisements

UPDATE The Real Housewives of Dallas Is Coming Soon To Bravo! EXCLUSIVE Details Plus Cast Revealed! - Reality Tea

Yes, these shows are anything but "reality," and don't always show the city in the best light, but the production companies leave millions of $ behind.

Plus, as P. T. Barnum supposedly said, "There is no such thing as bad publicity."

The reboot of "Dallas," starring Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray, along with a new (younger) generation of (hard-bodied) Ewings, will debut with a two-hour series opener on June 13. It will be the first of 10 episodes set in Southfork.

TV and movie production companies LOVE Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM

813 posts, read 1,766,019 times
They LOVE to trash Dallas. All the left coast liberals hate the flyover country. All my former co-workers from Boston, Hartford, NYC, and Philly are lefties who think anything west of the Appalachians means toothless, stupid, conservatives.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 AM

2,487 posts, read 5,575,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
They LOVE to trash Dallas. All the left coast liberals hate the flyover country. All my former co-workers from Boston, Hartford, NYC, and Philly are lefties who think anything west of the Appalachians means toothless, stupid, conservatives.
HA- yet the liberals get their stash of Moonshine from those parts.....
Everyone loves to Trash an area or thing they envy

Old 03-15-2012, 12:38 PM

110 posts, read 201,730 times
There is an update posted saying Andy Cohen is denying this. Plus, it seems extraordinarily unlikely that some of the women listed as the cast would agree to be on a reality show. Some of these women built their careers by maintaining a good reputation and would have a lot to lose if they lost that reputation.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:52 PM

288 posts, read 397,738 times
I was an extra in DALLAS - J.R. RETURNS. It was great watching Hagman work. I was there really to study the great director Leonard Katzman who directed the movie. Unfortunately he died before the movie aired. He goes all the way back to Gunsmoke.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:39 PM

119 posts, read 287,326 times
I thought Police Women of Dallas was a decent reality show. The officers were depicted as hardworking, strong, and had a great sense of humor most of the time.

I also enjoyed the Cowboys Cheerleader training camp reality series. I had no idea how physically demanding it could be. All types of personalities were represented from super friendly to oblivious and catty.

Any others worth mentioning? Dallas is in the middle of a growth boom right now... probably a good time to start capitalizing upon the many personalities of Big D.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,911,847 times
Quote:
Yes it's just Dallas they single out..Because you know, the RHW of NYC was a grouping of some of the brightest women on the east coast-gimme a break. Moderator cut: see comment

I am not a lefty btw, but I am from Boston all my life-proud as a Texan of that. A place you clearly know little about, and you lived here, go figure! Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-16-2012 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: Absolutely no personal attacks per TOS! We may attack the idea but we do NOT attack the speaker of the idea!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:18 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,248,304 times
Quote:
Yes, but they also like to trash themselves. The Real Housewives of Orange County, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, The Real Housewives of New York City, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, The Real Housewives of DC, and The Real Housewives of Miami have already covered the terrain pretty well. It's not like it's only been The Real Housewives of Little Rock and OKC up until now and now they're going to throw Dallas under the bus.

It was only matter of time before they get to Dallas or Houston. But I bet Vegas is on the short list too.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:32 PM

5,952 posts, read 7,490,732 times
I dont care what the toaster coasters think of DFW or Texas as long as they keep flying over and dont lit here like magots<G>. We are growing fast enough without them thank you very much. Im thankful we have hot summers and no coast or they would all want to live here and screw up the good things going.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,116,364 times
A lot of insecurity on this thread. They do Real Housewives shows in cities all across the country. Nobody is picking on Dallas or trying to make it look bad. This is what reality TV is. Just be flattered that they find Dallas an interesting enough place to do shows here.

My favorite Dallas reality TV show is "The First 48." There's nothing flattering about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or