U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 PM

2,982 posts, read 8,204,052 times

Advertisements

Oh...and if you could find a rental in the Peninsula area, you wouldn't have to cross any major streets to run around the lake. Plus Eryka Badu would be your neighbor!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 AM

179 posts, read 491,232 times
I know, the Science School sounds awesome...I saw it mentioned somewhere else. Are the summer camps at the museum any good? I am considering one for my son during my 'high' grading season...aka the end of the term. I'm excited about Greenland Hills because it sounds very, very similar to the preschool my daughter currently attends - same small scope, same newness (hers opened last year, this one apparently opened this year), both are in Methodist Churches lol. I think it might be a really good fit.

Last edited by VirtualM; 03-16-2012 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: Ipad typos

Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM

2,982 posts, read 8,204,052 times
Sounds like a great fit. The camps at Museum of Nature and Science are really good. This year's listing looks nice in a back to basics way science-wise. The last camp we took from them was two years ago and on the first day, all the kids had to meet up in the lobby - it was really loud and kind of overwhelming for my son who was 7 at the time. There were about 100 kids from different age ranges and camps that week. I hope they have changed their check in proceedures. Ask about that if you think it might be a concern.

Last year, my son did a camp at the Children's Aquarium which is near the NMS. He loved it. Consider that as well.

Dallas Zoo has really good camps too.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,949,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
It's sad though, my absolute favorite preschool is closing - the Science School at the Museum of Nature and Science.
See Pepper, like I said on the playground, Victory Park ruins everything.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM

179 posts, read 491,232 times
My son did a camp at the Atlanta Zoo last year and loved it, so that's definitely an option. I figure we will join one thing - the zoo or the museum - and I'll sign him up for a camp at wherever we end up as members.

And I can live next to my BFF Eryka Badu!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM

100 posts, read 349,273 times
If you are interested in a Montessori toddler program, Junius Heights Montessori is excellent: Junius Heights Montessori School

Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM

299 posts, read 662,812 times
Look in Little Forest Hills for a rental, there are always a bunch. Also try University Terrace in Lakewood. Check out Craigslist for those.

As for preschools - Children's Center and Learning Tree are great, both will be waiting list at this point, but there's always a chance! I've heard great things about Ridgewood UMC as well.

Last summer was something else - all summer it was over 100 during the day, over 95 at night. There isn't really a safe way to exercise in all that heat...

Good luck!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:35 PM

39 posts, read 65,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Oh...and if you could find a rental in the Peninsula area, you wouldn't have to cross any major streets to run around the lake. Plus Eryka Badu would be your neighbor!!!
I love her home.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:41 PM

39 posts, read 65,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlei456 View Post
Hi!!! We just moved to Dallas last summer from Denver. We are currently living in Preston Hollow, but would love to move to a neighborhood that fits us a bit more. You might also want to look into Dealey Elementary. They have a pre-k (4 year olds) and it is part of the Dallas ISD and I heard lots of great things about it!

One little school I really liked in the White Rock Lake Area (Forest Hills) was the Children's Center. The Children's Center

Another little gem I heard about is called St. Christopher's and it is a Montessori, if you are looking for that.

One school I still need to check out is called the Dallas Day School and it is part of Dallas Services, which provides services for visually impaired students, but their preschool services all types of kids. In my experiences, teachers and adults who have experience with students with special needs are usually really great with all students. But I have not gotten to visit it yet.
My niece went to Dallas Day School for 4 years. My sister loved it. I had heard about it froma friend who also loved it when my sister was looking.
I have heard good things about St. Christophers as well.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:47 PM

291 posts, read 575,858 times
Is St Christopher's the one near/at 75?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas