Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM

96 posts, read 315,124 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good church in the Rockwall/Royse City area.

We are moving into that area very soon and would like to get plugged into a good Bible believing/teaching church. It is very important to me that they take and read from their Bibles each Sunday morning. Some churches just put them up on the screen or on a outline. That is great for some but our family prefer to read the scriptures from our own bibles. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

I have been told about Lakeshore and Lake Point Church. Any insights about these two churches would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by texasorbust; 09-11-2007 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 12:35 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
I have many friends that attend LakePointe. We visited with our friends while we were looking a few years ago and it just did not "fit" us. The church is HUGE!!!! Very, VERY relaxed atmosphere. They have 3 satilite locations (Mesquite, Sulpher Springs and Firewheel/Garland). My children go to church camp w/ friends every year along w/ our own church camps and LPC takes about 6-8 buses just for 5th-6th grades. The church also has the Upwards programs for soccer and basketball that many that are not members also participate. As for why it did not "fit" us: too relaxed, too big. We are in what many consider a "large" church but it is nothing compared to LPC. Did I say "too relaxed". Seriously for us that was an issue. They do use the jumbotrons and you will probably see a great number may not carry a Bible w/ them. We visited an ABF class (new term for Sunday School - Adult Bible Fellowship) and that was fine and felt just like our current class at our church. You will find MANY people say they "go to LakePointe" but most only attend a service and that is it whenever they do go. All of our friends there are involved in an ABF and volunteer and like it and I feel that is the key to making any size church feel more comfortable to anyone. They all had to get over the "big" part of it though.

If you do decide to visit LPC when you get here I can pm you the ABF class they attend. We have meet their teacher and many others in their class several times and all are really nice.

As for other churces in that immediate area. Their is First Baptist on Goliad but I don't know much about them.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:08 PM

Thanks, I really don't want to go to a mega church. So your post has help me out.
Have you heard anything about Lake Shore?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Not really. Here is their website:
LakeShore Church: About Us
LakeShore Church: Welcome

Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM

Thanks momof2dfw I don't know why I didn't think to look them up on the web. Although it is nice to have first hand knowleadge from folks who have attended before.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,113 times
Default Lakeshore Church, Rockwall

Hi,
I am a member of Lakeshore Church in Rockwall. My family has attended Lakeshore for over three years and I would highly recommend the church to anyone looking for a family-oriented church in Rockwall. The church has a fantastic Youth Group, Children's program, excellent teaching and worship. There are over 150 small groups to be involved in. There are approx. 1200 members with three services on Sunday mornings.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,054 times
Default Welcome to worship!

Hi!

I just found this website and saw your request for information on churches in the Rockwall area. My husband and I are new members at the Eastridge church of Christ. We found the church to be a very friendly, welcoming group of about 800 members. Members are encouraged to bring Bibles and study along as we strive to make the church as much like the one we read about in the New Testament as possible. This is an active, working church--one of the main things that drew us to the church. There is a large group of young familes--and a large group of "empty-nesters"! We would love to have you come and worship with us! You can find lots of information on the church's website at bythelake.org.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaDeb View Post
Hi!

I just found this website and saw your request for information on churches in the Rockwall area. My husband and I are new members at the Eastridge church of Christ. We found the church to be a very friendly, welcoming group of about 800 members. Members are encouraged to bring Bibles and study along as we strive to make the church as much like the one we read about in the New Testament as possible. This is an active, working church--one of the main things that drew us to the church. There is a large group of young familes--and a large group of "empty-nesters"! We would love to have you come and worship with us! You can find lots of information on the church's website at bythelake.org.
Thank you so much for the invite but I have had a bad experience with COC in Royse City it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 19,847 times
We just recently moved to Rockwall (1 1/2 years ago) and have been attending First United Methodist Church of Rockwall, it is located on Yellowjacket lane. It is a awesome church. Our whole family really loves it and it has really made Rockwall HOME for us. They have a fantastic youth program and adult Sunday school and bible study program. And everyone has been very welcoming to us. Not everyone brings their own bible, but many do. It is just such a great church. Good luck on your search.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:48 PM

5 posts, read 20,471 times
There are more than enough to go around. From 10 members to 1000's. Lary Lee founded Church on the Rock in Rockwall.(I think a Baptist chuch is there now.) Anyway there a plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas