U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 07:10 PM

100 posts, read 52,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Perhaps posters would be more willing to listen to your arguments if you weren't drawing a parallel between the Third Reich and Harvard. That's extremely inflammatory. While I'm no expert, I did study the rise of the Third Reich in college and I strongly disagree with your rhetoric.
In Nazi Nuremberg Law, 1⁄2 Jewish was considered a partial German race, and was approved to have Reich citizenship.
3⁄4 Jewish was no pass. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Similarly, in Ivies admission 1⁄2 Asian (mixed with Black or Hispanic, aka a neat blend) is considered a partial underrepresented minority, and get no racial penalty.
How they treat 3⁄4 Asian makes a difference here.
If 3⁄4 Asian receives less penalty than full Asian, then at least they are more merciful and tolerant than Nazi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 08:20 PM

1,034 posts, read 554,831 times
So when will the first Harvard pogrom be?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:42 PM

7,290 posts, read 8,123,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post
In Nazi Nuremberg Law, 1⁄2 Jewish was considered a partial German race, and was approved to have Reich citizenship.

Similarly, in Ivies admission 1⁄2 Asian (mixed with Black or Hispanic, aka a neat blend) is considered a partial underrepresented minority, and get no racial penalty.
If 3⁄4 Asian receives less penalty than full Asian, then at least they are more merciful and tolerant than Nazi.
German citizens never overtly approved any of "The Final Solution" stuff. That was an edict from Hitler, Goring and friends who forced a meeting chaired by Reinhard Heydrich SS (his proper SS title was maybe 10-15 words long) called the Wannsee Conference. At that meeting a number of NAZI leaders, SS and bureaucrats scaled from death vans and mass shootings to death/concentration camps. The notion was that shooting Jews into extermination would cost more in terms of time, cost of bullets and stress on SS troops than could be tolerated*. Let that stew for a second.

IMO Heydrich is one of the 5 or 7 worst human beings in recorded history.

Much of The Wannsee farce was putting into law what percentage of Jewish ancestry would be tolerated vs. not.

*Forgive my bad memory one of the creeps, can't recall the name, at Wannsee supervised a mass killing in Poland before Wannsee. He spoke about how hard it was on his troops.

Last edited by EDS_; 06-18-2018 at 09:08 PM..

Old 06-18-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That depends on how you define "underrepresented".
Not me. The government.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:09 PM

1,548 posts, read 2,293,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping View Post

Jesus man look, I think we all get the fact that Asians are heavily discriminated against as far as application to Ivy League schools go, but equating that to the Nazis??? That’s in very poor taste and is going to completely overshadow the valid point you were trying to make.

Normally I tend to enjoy the tangents some of these threads take, but when a thread comparing two private high schools in Dallas digresses this badly, well even I have to bow out.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
So when will the first Harvard pogrom be?
If that was meant for me in any way I'd like to apologize for it. But I will offer the following. Harvard did overtly and for decades wantonly discriminate against Jewish students seeking admission. There is zero question about that.

Can you imagine if a US college floated a quota against blacks, AA's, Hispanics etc. today? I can't either.
Harvard's Jewish Problem

Old 06-18-2018, 09:17 PM

472 posts, read 308,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Jesus man look, I think we all get the fact that Asians are heavily discriminated against as far as application to Ivy League schools go, but equating that to the Nazis??? Thatís in very poor taste and is going to completely overshadow the valid point you were trying to make.

Normally I tend to enjoy the tangents some of these threads take, but when a thread comparing two private high schools in Dallas digresses this badly, well even I have to bow out.
Godwinís Law in action.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:47 PM

100 posts, read 52,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Jesus man look, I think we all get the fact that Asians are heavily discriminated against as far as application to Ivy League schools go, but equating that to the Nazis??? That’s in very poor taste and is going to completely overshadow the valid point you were trying to make.

I am not trying to make any point on college racial quota itself. Actually I think it might be good to have some kind of quota, such as the UT system.
I was not talking about Asian being discriminated academically either. Like you've mentioned, we all get that old news.

I am just saying some Ivy admission officials have gone too too far.
Rental company has every right to kick out a Black tenant.
But they should not say in their internal documents that Blacks needs to be kicked out because Black people stink.
It's even worse when they claim half Blacks smell much better.

This is not micro-aggression level racism. It is indeed hardcore racism seen in 1920s, and in today's standard it is Nazi.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:05 AM

2,477 posts, read 1,492,077 times
Just as families are demanding more clarity and transparency, colleges are trying to shed AP courses, SAT scores, class rank , weighted GPA and national merit awards to make it more murky.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:43 AM

1,034 posts, read 554,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
If that was meant for me in any way I'd like to apologize for it. But I will offer the following. Harvard did overtly and for decades wantonly discriminate against Jewish students seeking admission. There is zero question about that.

Can you imagine if a US college floated a quota against blacks, AA's, Hispanics etc. today? I can't either.
Harvard's Jewish Problem
Definitely not for you. It was meant for jiping who was comparing Harvard discrimination to Nazis. Sorry I wasn't clear.

jiping...

It's one thing to compare it to the racial quotas or discrimination that took place in the US and other countries. Your critics aren't pro-discrimination. Many of us are extremely offended by the Nazi comparison though given the results of the Nazi racism. Is Harvard going to construct gas chambers on Harvard Yard and burn minority-owned and written books during their own version of Kristallnacht? If the answer is "no" then a comparison to Nazis is offensive and dangerous hyperbole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or