Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 11,526 times

Advertisements

I really love a house for sale in La Villita in Las Colinas. Just wanted to see if anyone had good or bad things to say about the neighborhood. I lived in that area in some apartments, so I know area pretty well. Last time I was looking at the house, I noticed flooding in the Campion trail. Is there problems with flooding in the neighborhood?

Also, it seemed like there were quite a few houses for sale. Hoping there aren't any problems in the area that people know about since that area was built pretty quickly.

Any info would help! I've read a few threads comparing it with other areas, but they seemed kind of dated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
I live in La Villita and would not have built a home here if it was bad. The area is way above the flood plain, my house backs to the area and it never gets close.

Actually there are are currently only 9 homes available, 7 under contract and 8 have sold since Jan 1.(which means 15 sold total). Sales have been brisk here in the last 3 months and we've seen a lot of traffic. Just because there is a sign in the yard does it mean the house is available (but under contract).

Great neighborhood, great elementary, great location with some very fine and expensive homes. Your right it was built and sold quickly. It was one of the fastest selling subdivisions I've ever seen from 2005-09. It was built out completely in a little over 3 years (300 houses) There was actually a lottery to buy the lots when it opened.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 PM

118 posts, read 251,336 times
It's a beautiful neighborhood in a very desired area. Very centralized to amenities and surrounding cities (esp. Dallas).

Old 03-24-2012, 04:52 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,597,783 times
Super great area and wonderful location in the DFW area!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:17 PM

700 posts, read 2,710,579 times
I think the neighborhood is great. I just wouldn't buy there because of the apartments. My general thought with apartments is that they're nice when they're new, but once that wears off you start to have problems with the residents that move there.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 11,526 times
thanks for the info!

glad to hear from some people that also live in la villita.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,822,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfam View Post
thanks for the info!

glad to hear from some people that also live in la villita.
When an experienced RE Agent buys a home somewhere it's usually a good neighborhood. I never let my clients or myself buy a bad home.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:56 AM

5,545 posts, read 2,031,276 times
I remember 10 years ago when this neighborhood was just a flat land with nothing on it. It's amazing to see the rapid growth and development in this neighborhood, and I can appreciate what it brings to Irving as a whole. Although I don't live in the area, it does seem an attractive option for newcomers and long time Irving residents alike for its array of amenities close by.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,448,394 times
Neat community. Professional community means more turnover. Prices have held steady or just slightly decreased over the years since it was built. Nice builders with nice finishouts for the most part. Sales have definately picked up over the past 3-4 months. Rents are going up on apartments in the area. Building is brisk across the street in higher price ranges. DART orange line will open soon we hope and that will be a nice benefit. Close enough to be an option, far enough away to keep out the wanderers I hope. Las Colinas patrol is a nice added benefit. The low parts of the trinity river feeders are designed to hold and funnel the water. I've never see the neighborhoods flood and don't think they are even in the floodplain.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:27 AM

118 posts, read 251,336 times
Hello, we may be transitioning to a home in La Villita pretty soon (currently live across the street in Riverside Village). I really like the atmosphere and also the lake in La Villita. Are there any other pros and cons to this neighborhood that I should know about?

Thanks for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas