Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:51 PM

7,890 posts, read 11,408,992 times

Advertisements

I am seeing good action on homes in my neighborhood in 75093. Strangely the higher end homes are selling faster than the lower prices ones, perhaps due to lake frontage etc. Anyone seeing similar action in their 75093 neighborhood or do things seem slow like most of the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 09:54 PM

109 posts, read 160,933 times
Almost all of the houses that I found interesting are gone so things must be picking up. However, I was observing properties between 500k-900k only.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:40 PM

With Newsweek's 2012 high school ratings, 75093 is getting even more desireable for buyers.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:45 PM

56 posts, read 76,983 times
One of the nicest nice zip code in Dallas area to call home. I'm planning to move there as soon as my child turns five and keeping finger crossed for prices to go down.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 AM

LOL!!! More fingers are staying crossed for prices to go up. If I were you I would make a decision sooner than later. Keep looking and snatch as soon as something meets your criterion and budget.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:43 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
What about 75025? According to my apprisial, my house jumped in value 3k over the last year. Not sure about the rest of the area.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM

I bought mine about a year ago and think the market is slightly down price wise versus then despite there being more to chose from then than now. In my neighborhood the higher prices homes on lakes and larger lots are selling faster than the garden variety ones also. I am pleased with the value I got in Plano versus some choices I had considered in Houston as well as San Antonio/Boerne area. I bought the home to live the balance of my existence not to make money although I am not opposed to making money on the home in the least! Got to watch The Open qualifying today near my area... free entrance to walk and watch 36 holes by some great pros just though who hadnt qualified for The Open( its kind of like The Ohio State with the The thing going on... its better known in the US as the British Open). My wife walks out three small dogs 2 miles a few times a week and has meet some neighbors this way as many in the neighborhood get out and walk in mornings. Also we can wal to a Whole Foods and the coming Trader Joe's. Some good restaurants near by... we are very happy to be living in 75093.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:11 PM

It's a great place to live. Home values are going to bounce back with economy. Homes backing to green or blue are always in demand in DFW. Nobody wants to look at an old fence from the patio if there is an option to see natural beauty. I am from East Coast so really hate DFW fences. They make small yards even smaller.

Last edited by Warnpeace; 05-21-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnpeace View Post
It's a great place to live. Home values are going to bounce back with economy. Homes backing to green or blue are always in demand in DFW. Nobody wants to look at an old fence from the patio if there is an option to see natural beauty. I am from East Coast so really hate DFW fences. They make small yards even smaller.
I agree on views can help sell a home generally. We looked at one on a small lot home on a golf course, it had a very green view with multiple holes side by side behind it and was located near a tee box so no risk of golf balls hitting it. We didnt like the loss of privacy with this one and passed on it. I walked the British Open qualifier at GlenEagles yesterday and many nice home on the course were not private at all, which was a fade that is not so popular now for this reason I believe. Neighborhood lakes can limit privatcy too depending on how the home is situated on it and how much walking and other traffice is near by. West Plano has a nice series of man made and natural lakes which provide a nice view and ammenity for the area.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM

56 posts, read 76,983 times
Which subdivisions in your zip code back up to green belts or creeks? I prefer those vs golf course or ponds (called lakes by builders)because they offer both views and privacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas