Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM

13 posts, read 39,799 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

I stumbled upon this nice forum, glad to have found it.

I’m in a bit of a dilemma here, and need some advice to get me over the hump.

I have a budget of up to 250K, and I’m looking for a 2000 & beyond home. Ideally, I would like to have a 2500 SFT home but couple of hundred here & there is fine.

There are two areas that I have narrowed down to – based on close proximity to work/family/friends and airport.

1. Valley Ranch
2. Euless(specifically that part of Euless that falls under the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD). Surprisingly, prices/sft between these two areas are not that far apart.

Both areas have pro-cons, I work in Las Colinas, so driving from either location is not much of an issue. Main criteria is school district/ newer homes (<8 yrs old).

I will appreciate if folks can provide pro/cons between these two areas that will help me decide, and also suggest communities in Euless that would fall in GC-ISD.

In addition, if there are other areas out there those are appealing within 10-12 miles of Las Colinas… please recommend.

Lastly, we keep hearing about this soft real estate market, but is there any significant effect of this in the DFW area; meaning – are there any steals out there?

Thanks in advance.
lone_ranger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,511,430 times
the part of Euless that would be in GCISD would mainly be the Bear Creek development I guess--tract homes, small lots (really small lots)--that is off Cheek Sparger rd--

easy drive to DFW airport--close to 121/114 into Grapevine/Las Colinas but traffic can be pretty brutal...that location is close to Southlake/Grapevine/NE Mall--getting into FTW is pretty easy as well for Sundance Sq--

there is new Lowe's and some strip centers--Target and Albertson's close by with some restaurants so shopping locally is fairly convenient as well---
might have some flight noise from DFW but don't think it is too bad from times I have been there shopping...

the steals would be in Euless--HEB ISD zone--this market might be soft but don't think people are hurting so much they are giving away their equity much--most realtors don't like to sell like homes that lower the comps...

Old 09-15-2007, 12:56 PM

13 posts, read 39,799 times
Thanks.
Yes thats what i have noticed in the GC-ISD areas- small lots .
Any other areas that you would suggest considering about 10 -12 miles around las colinas?

Thanks Again

Old 09-15-2007, 02:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,511,430 times
unless you find a property that is going into foreclosure I don't think you will find any steals at the moment--most people are sitting on their properties and just waiting out the price as long as they can hold out...
what do you consider a steal---most people (realtors) will say that getting a house in nice neighborhood about 10% below the comps right now would be a steal--if the house was in good condition--the more you need to do to the house the less of a steal it would be...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas