Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM

69 posts, read 121,916 times

Advertisements

I also agree with having an agent with the two builders there... I think ALH pays a bit higher commission to the agent if they are selling a lot of houses for them (big buyers agent fees) I would ask the agent what their fees are with both builders with the bonuses, to help make sure you are getting an unbiased opinion from them.

I have heard of people that were swayed from one builder to another due to broker bonuses for that period. (or from a used home to new for the same reason)

I think I heard from someone that ALN will pay as much as 5% to the broker??? There are bonuses out there, and if your agent is selling more from one builder then they will try to sway the buyer that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
You need a very good agent who knows how to talk them down. You need to let the agent do the work for you in that regard. Not all agents are good at negotiating.. so make sure yours is. You don't have to pay the buyers agent anything as the builder pays their fee. A lot of people don't think they need an agent if they are building a new home.. but they are VERY wrong about that.

I know of one if you don't have one. PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,633,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princealyy View Post
I also agree with having an agent with the two builders there... I think ALH pays a bit higher commission to the agent if they are selling a lot of houses for them (big buyers agent fees) I would ask the agent what their fees are with both builders with the bonuses, to help make sure you are getting an unbiased opinion from them.

I have heard of people that were swayed from one builder to another due to broker bonuses for that period. (or from a used home to new for the same reason)

I think I heard from someone that ALN will pay as much as 5% to the broker??? There are bonuses out there, and if your agent is selling more from one builder then they will try to sway the buyer that way.
This is why you get a good honest agent. One who cares more about future business(leads) as opposed to sticking some temporary money in their pockets. I would never have that worry with my agent.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM

69 posts, read 121,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
This is why you get a good honest agent. One who cares more about future business(leads) as opposed to sticking some temporary money in their pockets. I would never have that worry with my agent.
Im sure, I just had to put that up incase someone comes across this later, this information is something a lot of people sometimes dont know about. New builder broker bonuses really hurt home prices, since it is all loaded into the purchase price of the property.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 673 times
I live in the villas, it is definitely empty nesters and American Legend is absolutely horrible. Poor customer service to go along with a poorly built product.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:45 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasborn99 View Post
I live in the villas, it is definitely empty nesters and American Legend is absolutely horrible. Poor customer service to go along with a poorly built product.
You are the first I have heard that American Legend is bad. IN FACT, I have only heard good. They are among the better builders like Highland.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:48 AM

174 posts, read 397,754 times
Built with American Legend home in Flower Mound 2014 and have had no complaints. Incredible quality of work and customer service has been top notch. Compared to the other builders (Darling and Normandy) in our community they were easily the best from what I've heard from our neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas