Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:45 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,135,553 times

Advertisements

Who are the ones who are related? The council members?
I don't see anyone with same last names?
They all seem to come from different families. Do you attend the council meetings?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:48 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,217,162 times
Default Tax rate in Princeton

I keep hearing that the taxes in Princeton are horrendous...

2.57 in Princeton
2.76 in Mckinney
2.63 in Melissa

Old 12-10-2007, 12:30 PM

8 posts, read 35,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Who are the ones who are related? The council members?
I don't see anyone with same last names?
They all seem to come from different families. Do you attend the council meetings?
HA! My cousin and I have different last names, does that mean we aren't related.

and YES!! i do attend the town meetings. I really enjoy the "meetings" at Catfish Haven

Old 12-10-2007, 12:44 PM

I was trying to arrive at an answer. Who are the councilmembers that are related?
And I meant the City Council meetings. Those are the important ones to attend as that's where you really make your voice heard. Go to them and take your friends from the Catfish Haven with you so they can make their voices heard as well. BTW, I love their salad bar

Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUDGP View Post
As far as the schools go, it's not the teachers, it's the students parents that apparently didn't go to school. There are no activities for kids to do, except drugs.

I will agree. The schools here are definitely not up to par. The only thing they are concerned about is their TAKS scores rather than teaching those kids anything even remotely helpful for their future after high school. I will agree that it is not the teachers, it's the administration and their priorities.
And another thing is how a major percentage of kids these days are raised...but that is another soapbox I don't feel I need to get onto.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,614 times
Default Confused about Princeton!

My husband and I are thinking about moving to Princeton once our current home sells, but after reading some of these posts, I'm not sure if we should continue our search in that area.
I'm concerned about the number of registered sex offenders and the condition of the water and sewage pipes. I'm not concerned about the lack of fast food or department stores because mckinney is really close. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:21 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,408,666 times
For me there is a big difference between a suburban type area and a rural area. A rural area isn't a suburban area minus traffic and overcrowding as some folks I have talked to seem to think. Rural areas often have big problems with poverty, drugs, high number of registered sex offenders (hey, it's cheap!), lack of city services and towns/schools being run by good ol boys who are related to each other and not exactly professional.

This is true (again, my opinion) for any rural area and Princeton is a rural area.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,571 times
Default Er... about the Library...

This is the Librarian. Of the Princeton Community Library.
Which has been around for a number of years. We are
currently located on 317 Woody St., in a building donated
for our temporary use, by the Ministry of Hope. (Use the
side door.) We are waiting for our old building to be
renovated - but we are open. The old building is just
down the street. Both locations are in sight of the City
Hall. We have 8 computers with internet access, over
15,000 materials available to check out, and we are
growing. If you need directions, call us at
972-736-3741. But please don't continue telling
people that there's no library in Princeton. Thanks.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:17 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,643,471 times
I think this thread is rather interesting.

It is true about everyone being related there. My brother got married over at the AoG when it was located in the funeral home/ quanset style buidling that looks like a huge upside down U back in 89. He married a girl from the Princeton/eastern 380 corridor with her great and great great grandmother, uncles, aunts and cousins living in the same area. For my sil, Mckinney was the DREAM place to live back in the 80's before Stonebridge or Eldorado were even developed. I do know that there are several family members that my sil has that are involved in Princeton, in business ect. and one uncle who actually practices law in Mckinney on the square. Princeton is tiny but that is why also if you are from the area, that you would be related to many there too.

I believe in a few years, it will change and Princeton will not resemble the town we know today. People are always looking to move out to something newer and nicer.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:54 PM

Princeton is definitely going to change. Check out their newspaper at the princeton herald. It is NOT going to stay a small town. The city administration is very proactive(and I mean the paid personnel NOT the council) and they are working on some major new developments like Stonebridge and Craig Ranch in McKinney. Princeton will be the hot place to move to pretty soon.

Last edited by CTR36; 03-14-2008 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: added more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas