Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 AM

4 posts, read 43,590 times

Advertisements

As part of the deferred disposition in Collin county I had to take defensive driving as part of the rules. So I had no tickets for 90 days and this ticket was dismissed.

I got a ticket just recently (April 24 2012) for going 57 in 45 in Carrollton

My question is since I already took defensive driving as part of the deferred disposition and not necessarily a way to dismiss that ticket is was just part of the deferred disposition rules.

Can I just take defensive driving to dismiss this ticket? I mean I don't know the legal rules but I didn't take defensive driving "to dismiss a ticket" just was part of the deferred disposition.

I am asking because it has less than 12 months from previous offense

IF NOT WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE WITHOUT JUST PAYING FOR TICKET SO IT DOESN'T GO ON MY INSURANCE PLEASE HELP WITH SOME ADVICE..WILL A TRAFFIC LAWYER HELP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM

812 posts, read 2,183,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremearmyguy View Post
As part of the deferred disposition in Collin county I had to take defensive driving as part of the rules. So I had no tickets for 90 days and this ticket was dismissed.

I got a ticket just recently (April 24 2012) for going 57 in 45 in Carrollton

My question is since I already took defensive driving as part of the deferred disposition and not necessarily a way to dismiss that ticket is was just part of the deferred disposition rules.

Can I just take defensive driving to dismiss this ticket? I mean I don't know the legal rules but I didn't take defensive driving "to dismiss a ticket" just was part of the deferred disposition.

I am asking because it has less than 12 months from previous offense

IF NOT WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE WITHOUT JUST PAYING FOR TICKET SO IT DOESN'T GO ON MY INSURANCE PLEASE HELP WITH SOME ADVICE..WILL A TRAFFIC LAWYER HELP?
OK, everyone hates me on this forum but sometimes I can't help myself.

1. It's deferred adjudication, not "disposition".

2. If you got a ticket in Collin County, then got one for going 57 in a 45 in Carrollton, why are you still driving? Do you WANT to kill someone, maybe even yourself?

3. Just what is a "traffic lawyer"?

4. Obviously the traffic school did about as good for you as the DISD does for Dallas kids.

5. What about safe driving is confusing you?

Sorry Dallas forum, it's just 'the golf' being angry once again. I was born and raised in Chicago and I go to that forum occasionally and really get them pissed off, so it's not just Dallas. An equal opportunity offender.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: edited: offensive language removed

Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
12 month rule applies. And I also agree w/ 'the golf'.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:28 AM

19,780 posts, read 18,073,660 times
I can't help the OP because I'd be guessing.

57 in a 45 is not like blazing through a school zone. I think some of you guys need to relax.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM

325 posts, read 756,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

57 in a 45 is not like blazing through a school zone. I think some of you guys need to relax.
+1. If 12mph over was not done in a residential or school or hospital zone, that's a typical flow of traffic speed in the DFW area. That being said, don't do the crime if you can't do the time (or in this case, pay the ticket)...

Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
In Collin County it is called deferred disposition not deferred adjudication as it is most places Ive lived. I would hire a lawyer to see what he can do and have good luck with that approach in locations other than Collin County. I have heard Plano was tough for an attorney to help with but perhaps not Carrolton. I agree, slow down, safety matters, also dont talk on cells or text or use anything distracting when driving. Cars/trucks are a lethal weapon so practive the defensive driving learnings its a good idea for you and those of us driving around you!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM

812 posts, read 2,183,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
In Collin County it is called deferred disposition not deferred adjudication as it is most places Ive lived. I would hire a lawyer to see what he can do and have good luck with that approach in locations other than Collin County. I have heard Plano was tough for an attorney to help with but perhaps not Carrolton. I agree, slow down, safety matters, also dont talk on cells or text or use anything distracting when driving. Cars/trucks are a lethal weapon so practive the defensive driving learnings its a good idea for you and those of us driving around you!

I stand corrected. I had a speeding ticket on 121 when it was still 2 lanes. Someone was tailgating me and I went from the speed limit of 60 to about 75, just to get him off my butt. Crested a hill east of Custer and there was a Plano finest who nailed me. At the time I did what was called adjudication to erase the offense from my record. I guess they changed its name.??

Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
I stand corrected. I had a speeding ticket on 121 when it was still 2 lanes. Someone was tailgating me and I went from the speed limit of 60 to about 75, just to get him off my butt. Crested a hill east of Custer and there was a Plano finest who nailed me. At the time I did what was called adjudication to erase the offense from my record. I guess they changed its name.??
I dont know the history as a newish resident of Plano after living in Houston for decades. Only reason I know its called deferred disposition is my 80 years old mother in law got a speeding ticket and took deferred disposition as it was called on the ticket and on the Plano Gov web site

Old 05-02-2012, 06:30 PM

4 posts, read 43,590 times
Default can you take deffereed dispostion in a different city as long as offense not in same city?

If i got a ticket in Collin county and did deferred disposition then 8 months later i got a ticket in Carrollton can I take deferred disposition in Carrollton.

Is there a 12 month rule from city to city. The 12 month rule only applies if you get ticket in same court right?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

It's still 12 miles over the speed limit. Driving isn't a right, it's a privilege, and when you get behind the wheel you are agreeing to obey the posted speed limit whether you think that speed limit is reasonable or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas