Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 08:06 PM

25 posts, read 93,174 times

Advertisements

Im visiting my mom in the DFW area for the summer and I'm interested in Journalism, what are some local newspapers a high school student could have a summer internship at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,185 times
Internships at daily newspapers and TV stations can be tough to come by and, where they do exist, the publication/station may already have arrangements with a particular school or program. But it never hurts to ask. The major dailies in the area are the Dallas Morning News Dallas-Fort Worth News, Sports, Entertainment, Weather and Traffic - The Dallas Morning News, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Star-Telegram.com | News, Videos & Commentary about Fort Worth, Arlington, Dallas, Texas, Cowboys & more, and the Denton Record-Chronicle Denton News, Sports, Entertainment, Business and Weather - Denton Record-Chronicle - Denton Record-Chronicle

You might have better luck at neigborhood publications like the People newspapers People Newspapers or the Advocate magazines
Advocate

Or even the alternative weeklies like the Dallas Observer (Dallas News, Events, Restaurants, Music) or the Fort Worth Weekly Fort Worth Weekly - News, Entertainment, Restaurants, Music

Old 05-04-2012, 08:21 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,741,813 times
Where does your mom live in DFW? Many of the cities have smaller weekly papers that might be interested in taking on an intern.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:48 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Where does your mom live in DFW? Many of the cities have smaller weekly papers that might be interested in taking on an intern.
Ditto! Here are some of the smaller, local newspapers in the area:

Allen American
Brookhaven College - student newspaper
Carrollton Leader
Collin County Commercial Record
Coppell Gazette
Cross Timbers Gazette - Argyle, Bartonville, Copper Canyon, Double Oak, Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana, Robson Ranch
Dallas County Commercial Record
Frisco Enterprise
Garland Texan
Grapevine Courier
Little Elm Journal
McKinney Courier Gazette
Murphy Monitor
Park Cities News
Park Cities People
Plano Star Courier
Princeton Herald
Rockwall County Herald Banner
Rockwall County News
Rowlett Lakeshore Times
Sachse News
Southlake Times
The Colony Courier Leader
University of Texas Dallas - student newspaper
UTD Mercury - University news
Wylie News

Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
I was "the SMU intern" at the Dallas Times Herald (RIP) one summer - I had just completed my junior year. Advocate Magazines had an intern* from my high school after his freshman year at UT a few summers ago. So it's more of a college position from what I know.

*He may be another "Lakewooder" on the blogs some day as we are think and write much the same. Ha, y'all will love that..

Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 PM

25 posts, read 93,174 times
she lives in Hurst, and i know she wont to drive me all the way to dallas to work, MAYBE fort worth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas