Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 PM

14 posts, read 30,464 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
We are looking for a rental for about six months close to Sunnyvale, either in Mesquite or Garland. Could you pls. suggest any areas that are safe and good for a family of four?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 PM

6,713 posts, read 13,922,046 times
Need a little more information from you. If your considering Mesquite take a look at the Creek Crossing area since it is the nicest area of the city. For Garland take a look at the Firewheel area. You could also put Rockwall on your list depending on budget. Provide a little more information on what size house your looking for, your budget and what part of town your job is located in. This will help greatly in narrowing your choices.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM

commute is not an issue as hubby works from home. We are moving from out of town and getting a house constructed in Sunnyvale. I don't know how much is too much for a three bedroom house for rent (1k, 1.5k or 2k). We have a dog so don't know if living in an apt is viable for us. Kids have to come to Sunnyvale elementary from the start of school year, so commute to and fro from school is defenitely an issue.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,524,425 times
You're basically trying to get to Tripp and Collins every day for schoool. Creek Crossing, as Grainraiser suggested, is really nice. It would be a drive up Clay Mathis Road for school every day -- maybe 10-15 minutes. Not sure about what apartments are in that area, though. Maybe Grainraiser knows of some since he lives in the area.

Another area I would suggest that is nice is anything you can find around Tripp and Beltline. That would be a straight shot down Tripp to school. Looks like there are some apartments there called Mission Courtyard Villas. I can't speak for their quality, but this area is also one of the nicer parts of Mesquite.

If you're driving to school on the southern side of Sunnyvale, I'd cross off Garland. I like Garland, but the nicer parts are east and north and not convenient to Sunnyvale schools.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:37 PM

6,713 posts, read 13,922,046 times
The Creek Crossing area in Mesquite is going to be your best bet for a rental. Sunnyvale elementary is about 7 minutes away from me. If your wanting a rent a apartment I can think of two that would fit the bill. One is on Beltline about 2 blocks west if HWY 80. The other sits on the corner of Hwy 80 and Galloway (Behind empty grocery store). Both of these apartments are around 8 years old and nice. They are not upscale by any means but they are nice units. You should be able to find a rental in Creek Crossing for $1,500 or less.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:14 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,204,215 times
You will have a very difficult time finding a landlord that will agree to a lease for less than a year, or they will charge you a huge premium. Reletting fees and make readys are costly so it's not financially beneficial to them.

Naima

Old 05-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I agree it might be tough to get house rentals for less than a year and that was my worry too.

@ Grainraiser: I think I know which apts you are referring to, I got referrence about them from someone else too. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas