U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 PM

12 posts, read 29,388 times

Advertisements

Another Montessori school that you may be interested is in the Lake Highlands area, St. James Episcopal. It is a Montessori school that has a toddler program - primary Age 6 (kindergarten.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 11:06 PM

25 posts, read 35,800 times
hi: I would like to know what you decided after this: for the 6-9 year old montessori program that you found that you liked between these schools and why. Our reasons are the EXACT same ones as yours. Basically I could have written your post but a few years later

Old 09-25-2017, 06:35 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,468,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaro1 View Post
hi: I would like to know what you decided after this: for the 6-9 year old montessori program that you found that you liked between these schools and why. Our reasons are the EXACT same ones as yours. Basically I could have written your post but a few years later
Going to send you a DM on this

Old 09-25-2017, 07:57 AM

3,680 posts, read 3,650,174 times
St. Alcuin is quite well loved, never heard any complaints. American Montessori is gaining popularity as well, specially among affluent Collin County crowd which aims for elite privates as next step.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 AM

1,034 posts, read 999,885 times
For 6-9 year olds (or "Lower Elementary", grades 1-3) we know families who have gone to both Alcuin and White Rock. Part of the issue as always is location and cost.

I don't know anyone at Westwood, but it's a young school and has been changing a lot (new facilities, etc) so you will definitely want to get up to date information there. White Rock and Alcuin (they dropped the "St." a while back) are both good schools.

What are you looking for specifically in a school and have you visited all of them?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:14 PM

25 posts, read 35,800 times
We are going to look at them this next month. Location seems particularly difficult for White Rock from the map. Say our kids got in there, what neighborhoods would you consider if jobs were at the VA and uptown. Safety is a priority. Land not so much.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:09 PM

601 posts, read 955,345 times
I'll put in a good word for White Rock -- we know two families who have kids there and like it.

About location, I would suggest that White Rock is not so bad, if you are going to the VA and Uptown. For neighborhoods, obviously it depends on price, but 75218 ZIP code has a lot of great options.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:23 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,468,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin View Post
I'll put in a good word for White Rock -- we know two families who have kids there and like it.

About location, I would suggest that White Rock is not so bad, if you are going to the VA and Uptown. For neighborhoods, obviously it depends on price, but 75218 ZIP code has a lot of great options.
75218 seems like a haul for the VA, other than Forest Hills area across from Arboretum. My first thought was the part of Lakewood between Gaston and Tokalon Park.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 PM

44,252 posts, read 61,341,541 times
I know 3 families trying to leave Alcuin bc they feel like they are not responsive enough. One is a teacher and feels like they're not preparing the kids well enough.

I don't know what that means or what they think they're going to get out of another school.

They all strike me as hypercritical people in general, but I thought I'd give you the complaint I heard.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:27 AM

446 posts, read 775,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I know 3 families trying to leave Alcuin bc they feel like they are not responsive enough. One is a teacher and feels like they're not preparing the kids well enough.

I don't know what that means or what they think they're going to get out of another school.

They all strike me as hypercritical people in general, but I thought I'd give you the complaint I heard.
Interesting...at which level(s)/grade(s)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas