Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:24 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
I've heard of nothing but problems from the NTTA. How about the guy who got a new credit card and since they couldn't bill the old one, he racked up over $10,000 in fees? I try to avoid the toll roads when feasible.

Here you go: NTTA violations turned over to collections - was unaware of violations!

Read all that and tell me how much you want to go hit the toll roads.
No sympathy, the lady should've known better than to let someone else "pay" for her tolls. This wasn't NTTA's fault, it was her ex's fault, and by extention, hers, for trusting him.

We've had the auto deduct from the credit card for a couple of years now, no problems what so ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 AM

127 posts, read 259,107 times
Quote:
i'm certainly not looking at my checking account statement monthly analyzing it for everything that should be there. It would be quite difficult to remember everything that should be on there.
You have never been the victim of any kind of fraud I take it? You seriously don't even log into your bank account to look at how much money you have? What its been spent on?
I can understand that its difficult to remember everything that SHOULD be on there, but its REALLY REALLY easy to find something that SHOULDN'T be there. Like if $650 in airline tickets from Austrian Airlines suddenly showed up, wouldn't that raise some red flags for you? Thats what happened to me, called the bank, had them cancel the card and dispute the charges. I found it because I check my bank account every week or so, just to glance over the charges to make sure everything looks right.

Also, the example where you said the person didn't get their bill sent to the right address... well if they had bought a toll tag, with the auto withdraw that wouldn't have been an issue! Thats why I recommend just going ahead and getting the tolltag, its going to save you headaches later on.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
You have never been the victim of any kind of fraud I take it? You seriously don't even log into your bank account to look at how much money you have? What its been spent on?
I can understand that its difficult to remember everything that SHOULD be on there, but its REALLY REALLY easy to find something that SHOULDN'T be there. Like if $650 in airline tickets from Austrian Airlines suddenly showed up, wouldn't that raise some red flags for you? Thats what happened to me, called the bank, had them cancel the card and dispute the charges. I found it because I check my bank account every week or so, just to glance over the charges to make sure everything looks right.
I never said it would be hard to locate something that shouldn't be on there. I check it once or twice a week online and get perturbed when I see a $30 debit at Walmart that I don't remember spending. That wouldn't help at all in this case though.

Quote:
Also, the example where you said the person didn't get their bill sent to the right address... well if they had bought a toll tag, with the auto withdraw that wouldn't have been an issue! Thats why I recommend just going ahead and getting the tolltag, its going to save you headaches later on.
Why should someone have to spend $40 on a tolltag when they only hit toll roads a couple of times a year? It would take me years to rack up $40 in tolls. Like I said, I live and work in Dallas, so there's rarely a reason to hit the toll roads and even when there is, I try to avoid it when practical. A toll tag just isn't worth buying.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:34 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
A toll tag just isn't worth buying...
For someone like you. For most people, it's a helluva lot more convenient, and a lot less problematic.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
For someone like you. For most people, it's a helluva lot more convenient, and a lot less problematic.
Most of the people in the thread I linked were people like me for whom buying a tag wouldn't be worth it and even still, there are some that have bought them and had problems. Changing credit cards, you're bound to forget to call one of your creditors and it's just not reasonable to charge tens of thousands of dollars of fees over a few hundred dollars of tolls. No other service provider I have would charge near that much.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM

194 posts, read 305,814 times
Haven't had a problem with the toll tags that I haven't caused. I also had GREAT customer service when I called to correct the issue (I had a typo in my husband's motorcyle license plate). I set up my online account to manage our three tags, and update credit card and address changes there, just like any other vendor.

When I called about the license typo charges the representative kindly pointed the charges to our account so we got the lower toll fees.

Too, the building where I work's parking garage uses the toll tag to auto-open and let me out. No stopping to swipe my badge.

For my husband and me, the toll tags work with no problems.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:22 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhugh View Post
I don't allow NTTA to pull money automatically. You can opt to just add money when it needs it. This means you need to login and "pay" NTTA before you run out of money. They do send you an email when it's getting low... so that helps.
Same here. I'm not a fan of automatic debits. Like someone mentioned, if something happens to that card you could be in a mess. I log in and pay. No problems.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM

36 posts, read 95,048 times
Do I need TX license plates to get toll tag?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:35 PM

164 posts, read 590,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desidon View Post
Do I need TX license plates to get toll tag?
No

Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 AM

931 posts, read 2,134,109 times
I remember when I-30 between Dallas and Ft Worth was a toll road and it cost 30 cents. I also remember the fight that the Turnpike put up not to take the tolls off when the road was paid for by tolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas