U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:26 PM

63 posts, read 264,675 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I just found this great information online. Here are a few ways for you to save money on tickets to the Texas State Fair!

Enjoy The State Fair of Texas September 28th - October 21st!

2007 State Fair of Texas Promotions:
Participating North Texas KROGER stores have advanced purchase General Admission tickets for $12.50. A Season Pass is $29.95. They may be purchased at the checkout counter or at the service desk.
Opening Day - September 28th, bring a full 20 oz. Coca-Cola product to donate to the North Texas Food Bank at the fair admission gates, and get $4's per donation per person.
$3 Tuesdays - Every Tuesday, bring an empty Dr Pepper can and enter for $3. Most rides (excluding the Thrillway and the Texas Star) are five coupons.
"Three for $1" - Every Wednesday, admission is $1 for each visitor bringing three cans of food for area food banks.
$4 Thursdays - Bring an empty 20 oz. bottle of a Coca-Cola product and enter the Fair with a $4 admission.
FREE Thursdays for Senior Citizens 60 years and older!
FREE Thursdays - General admission with a Cinemark Theater ticket stub.
Any Day - McDonald's offers $3's off General Admission with one of their State Fair coupons any day of the Fair. Each $3-off-General Admission ticket also allows you to bring in one child for free too!
All offers may not be combined with any other offer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 97,766 times
thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 82,270 times
Hi! How do you get the McDonalds coupons? thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 10:24 PM

1,899 posts, read 4,477,204 times
wow thanks!! The McDonalds coupons are available at the restaurant. Just go in and ask for them

Old 09-24-2009, 11:07 PM

3 posts, read 84,505 times
This will be my first Texas state fair!! I'm really looking forward to it!!
I've been living in MN for the past 10 years and their fair is amazing!!!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:59 AM

27 posts, read 260,079 times
Thumbs up State Fair Ticket Discounts (Free or Really Cheap)

There are a BUNCH of ways to save on state Fair tickets listed at the blog site, frugalinfortworth.wordpress.com ...Some are FREE and some are deeply discounted coupon ideas, depending on which day you go. Lots of cheap ticket options to consider. I'm copying a few things listed (but see them all at the site, here:
  • Opening Day $4 Admission with a Food Donation to the North Texas Food Bank
  • Wednesdays, Kroger Day: 3 Cans for $2 Admission When you bring 3 cans of food (per person) for donation to the North Texas Food Bank, get admission for $2.
  • Thursdays, Seniors Day: FREE Admission- FREE Thursdays for Senior Citizens 60 years and older.
Has anyone tried taking the DART line to the State Fair? I hear it is very handy, but am curious how it works from Fort Worth.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:10 PM

6,707 posts, read 10,840,069 times
From Fort Worth, you'd take the TRE to Victory Station (by AA Center) then get on the green line to Exposition, which is right in front of the Fair.

Kroger used to sell combo tickets that included a DART pass!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:34 PM

Thanks so much ChristieP for the info.

Sounds pretty easy, and I love that it drops you off at the door. I did find out that you have to buy a TRE ticket separate from the dart pass that comes with the combo ticket. I guess you can get that at the TRE station and use the Kroger combo ticket for the rest of the trip (starting at victory station).

Old 09-18-2010, 04:15 PM

14,625 posts, read 27,662,115 times
if you are considering riding the TRE back to FTW from Victory station MAKE SURE you know when the last train will leave and get there intime to make it
there have been stories of people who when to Mavericks' games that ended late and they were stranded in Dallas because the last TRE left...

Old 09-18-2010, 10:43 PM

Yikes!!! Thanks for the tip.

We will definately take a look at the schedule to make sure it works for us, before we decide to go the train route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas