Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,992 times

Advertisements

I sometimes work 3 twelve hour shifts, but some weeks I may only do one or two shift depending if I'm working on the weekend or not. I have care on the weekends but the problem lies in that I need a good, affordable school that is flexible and that can take both my 18mo old and soon to be 4yr old. I would need something opened from 8:30-6:30...bc my husband can drop them off and pick them up! He works in the oak lawn area and we live on the Richardson/Dallas border...so anything close to his job, on the way, or where we live! Plz in desperate help! Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
In Oaklawn, there is a church on the corner of Cedar Springs and Oaklawn with the child program. Not sure of the hours.
Another church between McKinney Ave and Central Expressway off the side street, Elizabeth. There used to be child care there too.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
In Oaklawn, there is a church on the corner of Cedar Springs and Oaklawn with the child program. Not sure of the hours.
Another church between McKinney Ave and Central Expressway off the side street, Elizabeth. There used to be child care there too.
Those churches are Oak Lawn United Methodist and Church of the Incarnation. I think that OLUMC had a true daycare while Incarnation has a preschool where you can pay extra for after/before hours childcare.

Holy Trinity Catholic Church @ Oak Lawn & Blackburn also has a preschool (starts around age 3?) and probably has after school care available for an additional fee.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM

9 posts, read 24,694 times
I suppose you're not working at Presby (THR) or someone would've told you about Dealey Child Care Center (now managed by Bright Horizons). It's on the back side of the Presby campus (closer to Greenville entrance), and it's a lovely facility open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., also on holidays if enough sign up to warrant staffing. It's designed with nurses' 12-hour shifts in mind, and a majority of the kids there have parents who work for Presby or in the nearby professional buildings. They originally allowed staff to enroll their kids "part time" (up to 3 days/week) at a reduced rate, but now your only choice is to pay the full cost of full-time (5 days/week) enrollment. It's expensive, but one of the few centers I know of with extended hours that's open past 6 p.m. Here's a link:
Child Care at The Dealey Child Care Center managed by Bright Horizons | Dallas, TX (75231)
I've had 2 kids at Dealey over a 5-year span. While I've had my gripes here and there about teacher turnover, overall, the care is very good, and the facilities are wonderful.
I think Medical City (at Forest and Central) has a similar on-site daycare, but don't know anything else about that one.
Good luck!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
There is the First Baptist Church of Plano just east of 75 in Plano. I believe it's 14th and M street? Next to the Dickie's BBQ restaurant. My daughter went there before we moved to Austin. It was the least expensive FULL TIME Daycare in the area. I never thought I would go the church route, but they don't do anything churchie, they just hold the daycare there. Completely separate from the Mother's Day Out program they also have. When we were there, it was $830 a month. Compared to the others around at $1100-1600 a month, $830 was a dream, and most of the teachers were there for years with little turn over.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 AM

61 posts, read 156,207 times
you can also check "Dallas day school", just off route 75, exit 1B lemon ave. Most of the parents are from nearby professional buildings. My kids went there and the staff there made this daycare center so special. Unfortunately, we have to withdraw them because of our recent move to north Dallas. Everyday, my older one would be excited to go to school. My younger one wass too little to talk. But it only took him one week or so to adjust to his new school. It open pretty early and breakfast is provided. But it only open till 6pm, that's a downside. The facility is not super, shining. But I believe for all daycare, the teacher there is the most important. You kids age are similar to mine. With sibling discount, full time rate for two kids will be $390/wk. Meal /snack included. You can also pay $15/month to access camera system to monitor your kids during daytime.

Last edited by sunball; 11-30-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas