Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Looked outside the front window this morning...saw a big brown box in the middle of the street. It's a package from some HARRY POTTER store addressed to someone 6 miles from my house!!!!
So I google him. Found him on Facebook. I'll be delivering his lost box later this afternoon.
Awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You're one of the good ones!
Resourceful too!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM

257 posts, read 550,149 times
Macbeth, I think you're right about the Fedex guy being a little more discrete with the deliveries in our neighborhood -- tucking boxes behind plants and railings out of view.

There are plenty of ways packages can be hidden from passersby on the street, but sometimes the delivery guys just prop them right up in front of the door. Might as well just hang a sign on it that says "TAKE ME!" Duh.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
S.O used to work for UPS (not a driver) and he said the drivers were trained to watch for people following them, it's been happening a long time. My UPS guy always rings the doorbell, I'm thankful for that.
My UPS guy just beats on the door and runs off.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM

126 posts, read 339,689 times
"Keeping Honest Kids Honest."
How do you know they were honest kids? Very fact that they entered someone else's property looking to get stuff shows the dishonestly. I tried this method of talking to the kids btw and it normally won't work unless caught red handed. I had my phone stolen by a couple of 12-14 yr olds and I could see their faces in the cctv from the store. They were in the parking lot and I asked them to return my stuff and they blatantly refused they had taken it.

One guy even try to bring his parents into the picture.....I had no time for resolving that crap. I said I had evidence so either cough up or I'd need to call the cops, they started running. I could have had them by the collar in a min but did not want to hurt them for a phone. Ended up buying another one for 400 bucks. Now, if anyone was nice, it was I.

I did however place a poince complaint and made sure cops visited their schools. Theft is theft, no matter what and I don't know if any kind words would alleviate it.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
One of the things I hate about this time of the year is that FedEx/UPS are so busy with delivering packages that sometimes they come really late at night. One of our packages was delivered just before 8:00PM the other night. Luckily he rang the doorbell otherwise I wouldn't have known it was there until I got home from work the next day.

A few of my neighbors have said sometimes they won't even ring the bell if it's really late. I'm sure people get mad if they ring the bell and wake the kids up or the dogs start barking. But at the same time people get mad if they don't ring the bell.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM

390 posts, read 715,145 times
Quote:
My UPS guy just beats on the door and runs off.
Lucky you. The UPS woman who delivers to my neighborhood doesn't knock or ring the doorbell.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seat21d View Post
Lucky you. The UPS woman who delivers to my neighborhood doesn't knock or ring the doorbell.
If I'm not in the front room I don't hear him beat on the door; if I'm expecting a package via UPS I track it so I know what day it's supposed to be delivered and I check the porch frequently. But I normally have things shipped to the office these days so it's not as big of an issue.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
If I'm not in the front room I don't hear him beat on the door; if I'm expecting a package via UPS I track it so I know what day it's supposed to be delivered and I check the porch frequently. But I normally have things shipped to the office these days so it's not as big of an issue.
Tracking, another good suggestion. I haven't had anything terribly expensive delivered so far this year, but I still track all packages.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
What high-crime slum area is this brazen theft of property happening in? Somebody might want to consider using some TEXAS 'force' to protect their property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas