Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM
*B* *B* started this thread

1 posts, read 5,555 times

Advertisements

I'm Looking for dealer only car auctions in the DFW area, I'm located in Dallas. Any info for the DFW/North Texas area would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 PM

611 posts, read 2,234,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *B* View Post
I'm Looking for dealer only car auctions in the DFW area, I'm located in Dallas. Any info for the DFW/North Texas area would be greatly appreciated.
Let me google that for you

you WILL need a license, a dealers license requires a number of things that makes getting a license and buying a car or even a couple of cars not worth the price or hassle......things like needing a desk, with two chairs, and a phone on the desk that rings with a number that is not also a residential number, 5 parking spaces, a sign with 6" letters and on and on

and I doubt that you will find a random person at the auction to buy a car for you for a small fee (if you do not already know one and if you already knew one you could ask them this question instead of the forum)

cars at the auction are take it or leave it no guarantee and the chances of getting lucky and finding a real gem for cheap are RARE because dealers will pay top dollar, have been in the business a LONG time, know who to watch out for that "dresses up" crap, and they can buy a car for even $100 to $500 less than they sell it for and still make a huge profit on financing it.....sure they would love to buy one for $2,000+ under what they can sell it for, but there will be dozens of others there that know the value of that car, what they can sell it for, and that sell a car to 5 cars a day and are set up to make big money on financing....so the chance of getting close to what you want or even close to what you would except for a decent price is very very small

Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM

690 posts, read 1,729,147 times
Have you tried that auto auction location on Trinity in Euless. South of Hwy 183 on
Hwy 157/Cooper and Trinity Blvd. I cannot remember the name of the location but
they have a large inventory of autos.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:44 PM

50 posts, read 45,310 times
Well I have to disagree with some of the responses here. Having a DGN here in Texas will allow you to buy at dealer auctions and even more often from the dealers lot where the wholesale cars are. Not everything goes to Dealer Auctions. Some are older and go to public auctions. Get with a couple of dealers and see if they will let you wander through the wholesale units they have and make them an offer. You can pick up a 2000 -2005 for less than $2000, put $750 or so in it and sell it for $3800 all day in Dallas. Yes they are older cars, yes they are sold as is where is, but you'll be making a reasonable profit on each unit and can grow from there. It only cost me $1100 to get my DGN and Bond. A friend of mine gave me the office space and parking spaces for 24 months for $1 ! I never use the spaces. I drive what I'm selling every chance I get and have sold more because I was in Walmarts parking lot or at a game or whatever and someone took down the number on the car for sale sign and called me the next day. It's not difficult, but it's not guaranteed. You need to have enough money to cover your license and bond and whatever simple requirements you need for 2 years. Rent is the big problem, I was lucky to have a friend.
I only have one or two at a time and sell every week to 10 days. You can make $2000 to $3000 very easily in this business and you can even work with customers that want you to find them a car. You can pick up a quick $500 bucks for a day or two worth of work and not spend a penny of your own.
Most people that tell you it's hard and difficult are dealers and don't want the competition. Small time dealers like me that sell 2 to 4 cars a month have it much easier. I have been using profits from my first 5 sales after the second month and have not spent a penny of my money since. Go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas