Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM

400 posts, read 366,047 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am interested in having laser lipo on my stomach area. I am not really overweight but have sort of a pudge/a bit of wrinkly skin post my pregnancy. I have gone to 1 doctor thus far and he seemed rather nice but the price he quoted me was 4,000 dollars. Although he told me there really was not a lot of subcutaneous fat but most of my problem was fat by the intestines which cannot be gotten rid of via liposuction. I was kind of surprised because although I barely had subcutaneous fat I didn't expect it to be 4,000 dollars. SO my question are there any surgeons in the area that you would reccomend who are a bit more reasonable in price but also are very good at what they do. I am also interested in thermage but the doc said that thermage does not work and if so the results would be temporary. I thought the doctor was nice but when I got home to look up a couple of reviews I seen that he had all positive reviews, like a hundred percent for every thing which made me a bit suspicious. I went to various websites and all of the ratings seemed very similar which made me think staff possibly wrote them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 PM

372 posts, read 710,231 times
Go to the department of plastic surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Rohrich or Dr. Kenkel are probably the best plastic surgeons in the country. UT Southwestern is the premier place with all the new techniques available. Because it is a teaching facility, I think the lipo you want will be less. You will not have a student doing the surgery but they will be there observing. Know people who have used them and were treated well.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 PM

400 posts, read 366,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Life View Post
Go to the department of plastic surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Rohrich or Dr. Kenkel are probably the best plastic surgeons in the country. UT Southwestern is the premier place with all the new techniques available. Because it is a teaching facility, I think the lipo you want will be less. You will not have a student doing the surgery but they will be there observing. Know people who have used them and were treated well.
Do you know if they do free consultations? I went to the website online and I know most plastic surgeons will at least give you a consultation free.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM

Give them a call tomorrow, I have no idea about that. Best wishes.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,391,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl87 View Post
Hi, I am interested in having laser lipo on my stomach area. I am not really overweight but have sort of a pudge/a bit of wrinkly skin post my pregnancy. I have gone to 1 doctor thus far and he seemed rather nice but the price he quoted me was 4,000 dollars. Although he told me there really was not a lot of subcutaneous fat but most of my problem was fat by the intestines which cannot be gotten rid of via liposuction. I was kind of surprised because although I barely had subcutaneous fat I didn't expect it to be 4,000 dollars. SO my question are there any surgeons in the area that you would reccomend who are a bit more reasonable in price but also are very good at what they do. I am also interested in thermage but the doc said that thermage does not work and if so the results would be temporary. I thought the doctor was nice but when I got home to look up a couple of reviews I seen that he had all positive reviews, like a hundred percent for every thing which made me a bit suspicious. I went to various websites and all of the ratings seemed very similar which made me think staff possibly wrote them.
You probably want to avoid cosmetics procedures at a teaching hospital. By and large Plastics residency or fellowship consist of reconstructive cases. Generally most plastics will do a cosmetics fellowship afterwards or go to a group that does alot and essentially get their finishing there.

Dallas has many well know cosmetics guys- some off 75 and some in Plano are well known. Make sure they have their ASPS certification however.

Also google 'plastic surgery forum' and you can hear people discuss results a la CD forum style.

There's simple lipo, vaser lipo, fully on abdominoplasty if you has excess skin.

Also ask whatever doctor you go with to see their before and after shots and of course, when you're in the waiting room, talk to the patients waiting, they will be your best source of info.

Good luck.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
There used to be a joke that when you went to see the best doctor x in the country- you were getting operated on by the best doctor in the country's...resident.

How do you think residents learn? You don't watch for 5 years then pick up a scalpel after graduation.

Not to scare you- the attending shouldn't stray far and won't leave an unproven resident alone- but don't think residents won't be cutting.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the info Greyday, have you been there and understand how the process works? I would suggest to the original poster to call and ask those questions.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info Greyday, have you been there and understand how the process works? I would suggest to the original poster to call and ask those questions.
Honestly if you want to avoid residents and fellows going with a doctor who is deep in private practice will likely assure you of that fact. But you can call and you're allowed to ask any questions you have.

Call around. Just make sure you're going to an actual doctor, then a surgeon, then a plastic surgeon. Then you want them to be board certified unless they're fresh out of training (it usually takes 2 years to accrue cases to sit for plastics boards).

Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 AM

9 posts, read 35,306 times
I would not have elective plastic/cosmetic surgery at a teaching hospital, the attending does not always stay in the OR when the procdure is being performed. There are many excellant plastic surgeons in the Frisco/Plano area.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
I have a friend who had some pretty extensive plastic surgery on her face after skin cancer treatment, and she had it done at UTSW. The team that operated on her (sorry, but I can't remember the doc's name) is world-renowned for the work they do. No one else in the metroplex, let alone the state, could have done such an amazing job! Her scars are barely visible, and really only if she tells you where to look!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas