Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,672,790 times

Advertisements

How is this neighborhood? Is it a good buy at this time and would it be someplace that goes up in value over time relative to the surroundings?

I noticed it's at the outskirts of a industrial park.... is it actually a decent location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM

7,885 posts, read 11,325,368 times
I am not a fan of new construction, and am a fan of Plano ISD. So those are my blind spots or bias. I like the gated look of Normandy but know that typically adds HOA costs in terms of guards or private streets and fence maintenance down the road. It is located across the street from Shoal Creek which is a nice community but like Normandy has parts in Plano School district (estate lots I believe in Normandy) but a key item to check of course. My bias against new construction is I find it higher cost per sf in most custom homes at least in much of Houston where I was before moving to Plano.

I prefer a 10 to 15 year old home in an established neighborhood to this location and the ongoing construction that will last a while in this neighborhood with its price/size equation. It is near the SRT and NDT which means good access but some how feels further from the restaurants and places I frequent in W. Plano. Bottom line is I am biased and not a fan of it perhaps due to my bias which is not similar to your priorities.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:44 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,599,381 times
No new community is a good buy in terms of appreciation until it is built out. Why buy your house when they can buy a new one? You would have to offer a significant discount to selll. Now if you pkan on staying longer than the build-out date (which is only a guestimate), that changes the picture.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:04 PM

172 posts, read 354,053 times
NE has good location with tollways, Arbor Hill, luxury custom builders and exclusivity card but PISD home sites start at 1.5 million. If they want to sell it fast then better use Avignon phenomenon and sell it to Toll & KHov type to build homes under million dollars.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,111,078 times
It's not near an industrial park; it's near the corporate hq's / major offices of Frito Lay, JC Penney, Yum!, Ericsson, BOA, etc. Very nice corporate office campuses but not exactly "neighborhood" feeling. I would not want to live in Normandy Estates. It struck me as really odd when they broke ground as its on the back piece of land adjacent to BOA & Frito Lay's campuses. I always thought it was just part of their land they sold off. It's a pretty subdivision but feels much more like a random sub-div plopped on to the plains vs the subdivs south of Spring Creek along Midway.

I work near there and the most annoying thing is that there aren't any gas stations supper close - either have to drive over to Preston, down to Tollroad & Parker (or maybe Midway & Parker) or over to 121. Same thing with grocery stores.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Probably developer had all those executives in mind. It would be nice to live minutes away from their work. That area sure can use another gas station but gas and grocery is minutes away at Kroger, Chevron and Costco.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,111,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pama View Post
Probably developer had all those executives in mind. It would be nice to live minutes away from their work. That area sure can use another gas station but gas and grocery is minutes away at Kroger, Chevron and Costco.
Interesting point about targeting the executives. I work at one of those companies and don't know of any vp's & up who have bought there. The ones who live super close to the office are in Starwood. The rest are concentrated in West Plano (Park & DNT area), Preston Hollow, or Park Cities. A few scattered in McKinney and Allen, but mostly the other 4 areas.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,673,661 times
IMHO, unless you are some sort of celebrity, you don't need a guarded gated community. It's a waste of money!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM

953 posts, read 1,820,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
IMHO, unless you are some sort of celebrity, you don't need a guarded gated community. It's a waste of money!
bingo.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:56 PM

There is a small lake behind it,Quisenberry Lake. Did anyone ever fished in this lake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: