Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you live North of Hwy 380 near McKinney?
Yes 11 15.28%
No 61 84.72%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Great suggestion...also check out Robinson Ridge.Great subdivision near Heatherwood and the new Baylor Medical area,also in Prosper ISD

Megatel Homes - Robinson Ridge | McKinney, TX 75071
You know what they say about great minds......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 05:09 PM

22 posts, read 54,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgolf75 View Post
Unfortunately that price point will limit severely your new construction options in Mckinney. Not sure what you are looking for in your home, but if it needs to be new, maybe cypress crossing in fairview? I know David weekly was building out there. They are in closing phases and you might can find a deal.

I agree that Stonebridge is a good place to look for 5-10 year old construction. Everyone knows about Stonebridge and its got wide range of home prices that attract everyone.

Another option if you're not afraid of 75 is going out to Anna. The trip from Anna to mckinney is about 10-12 minutes and not that congested. If all you need is in Mckinney, going out there is best bang for buck in new construction. For me, I'd rather look at Stonebridge.

If you can stretch your budget out to 250-260, you open up some more 5-10 year old options in mckinney, but it won't be in a subdivision as well thought out as Stonebridge.
I appreciate all the information! I am a single lady caring for my mother who is a Senior Citizen. I have definite plans to earn a Masters in Counseling by attending CHEC in McKinney (121 & 75).

The challenge is that we are selling a home in NE Dallas and want to substantially downsize. Is it better to buy an existing home 5 – 10 yrs old in Stonebridge for approx. $230K or a townhome (approx. $180K) ? The older home will carry maintenance. We are looking for something new with low maintenance. Are there any opportunities for new or newer construction within 25 minutes of 121 & 75 where CHEC is located? We would prefer a home but it looks like the only availability is a townhome in this price range.

I am primarily interested in property with highly rated school districts for resale value. Selling the property in 5 years may become necessary depending upon where I will be working. It's just that we have to cut our living expense costs now - so we have to move and moving North appears to be best! Any ideas on what's above? Look forward to your responses to help!

Last edited by veronica7; 01-28-2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,745,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post

Currently I love the rural character of this area so close to McKinney. But I work in Collin County, would not want to commute to downtown Dallas from there, Plano would be the limit.

http://www.mckinneytexas.org/DocumentCenter/View/475
The Perots own a lot of land in McKinney. The airport is slated to be the next regional air port for passenger travel. People still talk about Stonebridge falling through. That would have changed things.

Most of the rural land in Collin and Hunt is now owned by REITS or trusts like the Perots'.

I get a call every few months from a realtor wanting to buy my places along 380 for a REIT. Land in the 90s used to go for 500 an acre. Now its MUCH more than that.

A long commute would really cost in terms of gas. I agree that you should live close. The rise in the price of gas has really slowed the activity beyond 380.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
The Perots own a lot of land in McKinney. The airport is slated to be the next regional air port for passenger travel. People still talk about Stonebridge falling through. That would have changed things.

Most of the rural land in Collin and Hunt is now owned by REITS or trusts like the Perots'.

I get a call every few months from a realtor wanting to buy my places along 380 for a REIT. Land in the 90s used to go for 500 an acre. Now its MUCH more than that.

A long commute would really cost in terms of gas. I agree that you should live close. The rise in the price of gas has really slowed the activity beyond 380.
I guess I am lost, what about Stonebridge fell through? As far as a I know, it is almost built out, is beautifully designed and maintained and is what turned McKinney from a far out county seat into a major city of the metroplex. My in laws moved to Stonebridge in 89 right as it was getting off the ground, have witnessed the majority of the growth. I haven't noticed anything falling through.

Help me with the statement bolded above, thanks.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I guess I am lost, what about Stonebridge fell through? As far as a I know, it is almost built out, is beautifully designed and maintained and is what turned McKinney from a far out county seat into a major city of the metroplex. My in laws moved to Stonebridge in 89 right as it was getting off the ground, have witnessed the majority of the growth. I haven't noticed anything falling through.

Help me with the statement bolded above, thanks.

Maybe he meant Craig's Ranch? Now THAT I've heard is pretty much a bust at this point.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 AM

8 posts, read 32,091 times
I live in a community just south of Heatherwood, "The Reserve at Summitt View Lake".

In the last 3 months or so, we have had houses go up for sale on Friday and sell on Saturday. 4 times that has happened. For over list price.

Like someone else said, we live about the same distance from DNT and 75. I heard we are getting an H-E-B on 380 and Lake Forest sometime.

I wouldn't live here and commute to downtown Dallas, but I have a 10 minute commute. Awesome bang for your buck. Great schools, city of McKinney, Prosper School District.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:10 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
380 is just a little too far unless I wanted country living and wanted to go into far north Collin County. I would only do that if my job entailed travel constantly and I wanted to come home to something isolated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas