Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,186 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We will be moving to Dallas too by end of December 2015. I am coming with depending visa H4.Our qualification is B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics),MBA(production & Operation).i have 8 years experience in manufacturing industry.can we got easily manufacturing job.what is apply creteria.please guideline me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 07:42 AM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_007manipal View Post
Hello,
We will be moving to Dallas too by end of December 2015. I am coming with depending visa H4.Our qualification is B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics),MBA(production & Operation).i have 8 years experience in manufacturing industry.can we got easily manufacturing job.what is apply creteria.please guideline me.
H4 visa is a dependent visa, and it does not allow the holder to seek employment.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:19 AM

246 posts, read 416,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
H4 visa is a dependent visa, and it does not allow the holder to seek employment.
That is correct. @narendra_007manipal, Kindly get yourself familiar with the rues and regulations.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:36 AM

40 posts, read 85,460 times
not picking on you OP... but whatz wrong with living with rest of the world. it always puzzles me why people need their own language speaking folks in same community.

also with your criteria buying a new home would mean... paying $10K - $20K more for north or east facing homes. home builders already know the pulse of Indian home buyers.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,081 times
yes, OP - why don't you stay in India itself where you will have lots of your people instead of looking for lots and lots of Indians in USA and trying to make USA into another India?

The problem is:

1. Older generations immigrants that came over to America and forever stayed here, loved this country and did everything they can for this country, never looked back.
2. But recent immigrants are not loyal to this country - still continue ties, loyal to their home countries, send money, take yearly trips, earn money here, do charity in their countries (look at the money going out of USA to all over the world, it's billions), send jobs, look for their community to live, employ only their people (how many Americans are employed in any capacity in of the restaurants, ethnic stores, IT companies (95% or more people employed in Indian IT companies are Indians) don't tell there are no Americans to hire for IT, HR, Finance even receptionist positions).

May not be relevant post for this thread, but reading this thread prompted me to share my thoughts. Fellow Citizens, what do you think and where this country is headed to?

Old 09-17-2015, 04:13 PM

990 posts, read 2,303,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser21 View Post
yes, OP - why don't you stay in India itself where you will have lots of your people instead of looking for lots and lots of Indians in USA and trying to make USA into another India?

The problem is:

1. Older generations immigrants that came over to America and forever stayed here, loved this country and did everything they can for this country, never looked back.
2. But recent immigrants are not loyal to this country - still continue ties, loyal to their home countries, send money, take yearly trips, earn money here, do charity in their countries (look at the money going out of USA to all over the world, it's billions), send jobs, look for their community to live, employ only their people (how many Americans are employed in any capacity in of the restaurants, ethnic stores, IT companies (95% or more people employed in Indian IT companies are Indians) don't tell there are no Americans to hire for IT, HR, Finance even receptionist positions).

May not be relevant post for this thread, but reading this thread prompted me to share my thoughts. Fellow Citizens, what do you think and where this country is headed to?
really? People moving from the US look to live in Ex-Pat communities all the time. People from other parts of the country are always wanting to move to a "safe" neighborhood with "good" schools and ignore half the metroplex to be near a lot of their own. There was even a thread here about avoiding neighborhoods in Plano where lots of Asians live. So you're going to come in here spewing that garbage when everyone that moves here is trying to be near their "own". I guess its only wrong when non-whites are doing it?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:51 PM

198 posts, read 186,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser21 View Post

The problem is:

How did u assume the OP is an immigrant and not an expat ? Those are very different things. The H4 is a NON-immigrant visa. Expats behave very differently than immigrants. Many are just here just to make money and then go back to wherever they came from. They have no desire to assimilate since this is just a temporary move. No different from Americans who move to places like Dubai. In fact if you check the expat forums, there are Americans there asking the exact same type of questions.

Now - something worth debating is our immigration policy that encourages companies to hire from outside instead of training locals, or when hard to find talent is brought in from abroad, why do they come on non-immigrant visas ? If we really value the talent, shouldn't we bring them in via immigrant visas ?

OP - the biggest advise I can give you right now is to take English lessons .

Old 09-17-2015, 06:49 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpushiys View Post
Now - something worth debating is our immigration policy that encourages companies to hire from outside instead of training locals, or when hard to find talent is brought in from abroad, why do they come on non-immigrant visas ? If we really value the talent, shouldn't we bring them in via immigrant visas?.
An H1B (primary visa category for the H4 dependent) is a non-immigrant visa. The bearer is sponsored by an employer. By nature, this type of visa has to be a non-immigrant visa, as the bearer adjusts status once they arrive in the U.S., and an employer cannot sponsor someone for an immigrant visa. Immigrant visas are reserved for people petitioned by family members, fiancées, and people who won the Green Card Lottery. Even refugees come in on NIVs!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:13 PM

170 posts, read 262,458 times
Its a 2013 post. By looking at the OP's all posts she already moved to Katy.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:16 PM

198 posts, read 186,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
An H1B (primary visa category for the H4 dependent) is a non-immigrant visa. The bearer is sponsored by an employer. By nature, this type of visa has to be a non-immigrant visa, as the bearer adjusts status once they arrive in the U.S., and an employer cannot sponsor someone for an immigrant visa. Immigrant visas are reserved for people petitioned by family members, fiancées, and people who won the Green Card Lottery. Even refugees come in on NIVs!
Great info !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: