Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:13 PM

9 posts, read 36,554 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I work in Richardson and I am planning to buy a house near to my office (190-Jupiter). I am currently looking at Murphy and Wylie. I visited almost all the builders that have houses in my range (<250K for a 4 bed, 2600-3000sft).

Maxwell creek --> Most of the plans are above my range so currently this community is out

Sage Creek --> Ashton woods community. in my price range but I am not sure how the builders are.. Any opinions?

Gables at North Hill --> Looked at First Texas Homes and Meritage builders.. Some houses are in my range but I feel the community is very dry. No parks or amenities so not sure if I want to choose here..

Creekside estates --> Ryland homes. I liked the community, lot of wooded area, a lake and have some plans in my range. Not sure about the builder quality though.. Also they have some good deal if I choose their mortgage company.

This is the list of communities I looked at. I am planning to visit Birmingham Farms by centex in Wylie some time this week..

Can some one familiar with these areas let me know how these communities are and any communities which I can prefer? Also please let me know if I can look at any other communities in Allen.

Thanks,
xkdasari
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,697,460 times
There should be plenty of homes in Woodbridge in Sachse in that range. It's about 12 minutes from 190 & Jupiter if you take Renner... so it's nice and close.

So.. 190 & Jupiter... do you work at Cisco?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,215,345 times
Have you checked out the Shoal Creek development that is going in at 190 and Campbell? They are right in your price range, at the moment I think they only have a few models open, but they look very nice. The commute would be awesome, under 10 minutes.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 PM

twojciac,
yes Cisco.. What are the prices in Woodbridge? I have seen David Weekly homes online and they looked at the border line of my 250K price line.. Do any other builders have construction in Woodbridge? Thanks for the info

MaryS80,
I think Shoal Creek development is townhomes? I am looking for single family homes. Please let me know if they have single family homes too..

Old 10-23-2007, 10:36 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,697,460 times
Woodbridge has a huge range of prices from 150k - 500k, mostly resale on the west side of 78 and new on the east of 78 off Ranch Rd.

Woodbridge :: Home

The elementary school in Woodbridge, Cox, is new, about 3 years old. I was impressed with the technology there, with projectors in every classroom and the kids put together a "tv show" for the morning news. Over on the new side, off Ranch Rd, they are building a brand new elementary school to be open next year. The only downside is there's a radar tower that's not so pretty right by Ranch & 78.

From Woodbridge you'd have a 12-15 minute commute taking the back roads with little traffic. I work at Cisco over in Bldg 4, and it's a breeze to get there. My wife is jealous Oh, and most of the area already has FIOS service... so for telecommuting, it's a nice plus.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:52 AM

I went to david weekly, ashton woods and highland in woodbridge and they do not have anything in my range if I want to stay West of 78 :-(
But I came across Parkwood Ranch community which is right next to woodbridge.. They have first texas and a custom builder called Sumeer building homes. I like the home plans and they are in my range.. Any idea about this community and this builder Sumeer?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM

9 posts, read 19,685 times
Any info on Sumeer builder? I'm looking at a town home in Las Colinas.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM

40,920 posts, read 48,870,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warden2 View Post
Any info on Sumeer builder? I'm looking at a town home in Las Colinas.
Those are technically not in Las Colinas but Irving if you are talking about the ones off Walnut Hill. That development has struggled and as you can see not a lot is being built or sold.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 PM

161 posts, read 723,428 times
Default New Home Builders Ranking

There are several different rankings of DFW home builders on the J.D. Power Associates website. Many of the builders you are asking about are listed. Here are two of their reports - one on Customer Satisfaction - the other on Builder Quality. Hope this helps.

Ratings | J.D. Power

http://www.jdpower.com/homes/ratings/home-builder-quality-ratings/dallas-ft.-worth/ (broken link)

Last edited by canuckmom; 02-10-2011 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 02-11-2011, 07:34 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,382,721 times
While I driving around, I have seen 2 in the Glen Ridge Estates in Murphy that might be below that figure, but I'm not sure. Also, you might find something in Murphy in these communities too: The Timbers, The Glens, Gables, Murphy Farms, or Skyline Acres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas