Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 PM

11 posts, read 18,760 times

Advertisements

*I POSTED THIS IN THE ATLANTA FORUM BUT NOW WOULD LIKE A DALLAS POINT OF VIEW*

I am a sex and relationship blogger who is looking for not only a change in scenery but also looking to expand my business from blogging to matchmaking/relationship and sex coaching. I am looking for a city that has a vibrant nightlife and is somewhat open when it comes to sexuality. I have chosen these two cities because I have a small child and while NYC sounds great the cost of living plus raising a child there without a Kardashian budget is not as exciting. I am even thought about DC because it's close to some great major cities BUT cost of living is high and i HATE the cold( hence why i am hating OKC right now)I have been to Dallas and I actually liked it but I have seen the growth in Atlanta and hear it is a great place for business owners.

I have a moderate budget starting off so cost of living is important. I also will be hosting singles events and meet ups. Commuting isn't a issue. I just want somewhere with culture,diversity, good schools for my kiddo,and good quality of living to make this business work. Any help is appreciated. If anyone would like to network or know more please DM me and I will be happy to talk with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 09:50 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Dallas.

2013 State Business Tax Climate Index | Tax Foundation

Texas is MUCH better for businesses when it comes to taxes and has friendlier business laws.

Besides, Atlanta isn't exactly going to get you much warmer weather than Dallas year round.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM

770 posts, read 1,797,912 times
Like the last poster said, definitely Dallas or any city in Texas period. Very business friendly environment here, and when I say that, I mean not just for corporate conglomerates, but small business as well.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM

11 posts, read 18,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Dallas.

2013 State Business Tax Climate Index | Tax Foundation

Texas is MUCH better for businesses when it comes to taxes and has friendlier business laws.

Besides, Atlanta isn't exactly going to get you much warmer weather than Dallas year round.

I see your in Houston...what is the lifestyle and climate like there?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Hmmm seems like a bit of a stretch if you are looking for local customers. Or maybe I am just old-fashioned.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondambitiongirl View Post
I see your in Houston...what is the lifestyle and climate like there?
I love Houston (not to turn this into a Houston vs. Dallas thread, because I love Dallas too!) Houston is more of a blue collar town, much larger, close to the coast and VERY diverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: