Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 AM

69 posts, read 120,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This was big news at our neighborhood association meeting in January. Right now the new offices are scheduled to open sometime in 2014.
That seems way to soon from what I know State Farm is scheduled to start moving people in the next five years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.2Orlando2Dallas View Post
That seems way to soon from what I know State Farm is scheduled to start moving people in the next five years
All I know is what the city manager told us.

From what I hear these offices will be accomodating not only employees transferred from out of state but those transferred to the new facilities as State Farm consolidates its office space in DFW itself.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.2Orlando2Dallas View Post
I've already worked with 3 to buy homes and 1 to lease in the last 4 months. The move is in progress.

They are closing a lot of branch offices and consolidating into the DFW central location. Many are coming to town and trying to lease a home which they are finding very difficult.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I've already worked with 3 to buy homes and 1 to lease in the last 4 months. The move is in progress.

They are closing a lot of branch offices and consolidating into the DFW central location. Many are coming to town and trying to lease a home which they are finding very difficult.
I agree see my previous post I meant the move to Richardson not DFW itself

Old 03-07-2013, 01:38 PM

67 posts, read 164,258 times
They are already advertising job fairs on the radio, if they said 2014, they may be ahead of schedule. That is unless their training is just that extensive.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 PM

They recently hired about 150 entry level positions in Las Colinas

Old 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM

425 posts, read 958,596 times
Hmm, wonder if they would be interested in a person with several years experience at acclaims office in Brooklyn, NY for a company known for dealing with Mayhem and is looking to relocate.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,747,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
I have to believe it's very hard for them to recruit educated professionals to move to Bloomington, IL.
State farm is moving its CRM out is what I have heard. Other units will follow.

We have CRM there. Salaries are 10-15% higher in IL and the cost of doing business is about 20% higher.

I know that we are not seeking new business there and looking to pull out in the mid-term.

As for TX vs CA or IL or NY, the cost differentials are huge and getting bigger every year. I know tht NYC's tax base rests on just a few thousand people and when they have all left, it will put the city on its back. I know the hedge funds are moving out now.

I know that the CBOT looked at leaving IL year before last. And they may still. Given TX power grid and low cost of doing business, I do not see a lot of corporate IT shops staying in those states...

Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM

425 posts, read 958,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Rakin, might have to be in touch in the future if I decide to go foward with the relocation.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottykick View Post
Hmm, wonder if they would be interested in a person with several years experience at acclaims office in Brooklyn, NY for a company known for dealing with Mayhem and is looking to relocate.
lol I always liked those commercials
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas