U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM

3,081 posts, read 6,605,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Do you even live in DFW?

There is no such place as Richardson Square Mall anymore, and has not been for years now. The shopping center that replaced it is thriving.

Seems you trash Richardson at every opportunity.
Maybe he/she is referring to Valley View. That place sure has become a pit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 11:05 AM

23,606 posts, read 31,169,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Maybe he/she is referring to Valley View. That place sure has become a pit!
LOL maybe...I agree, Valley View is disgusting. It's basically an indoor flea market at this point.

As for Collin Creek, its only redeeming features (IMHO) are JC Penney and the inexplicably awesome Bath & Body Works store.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM

297 posts, read 407,065 times
Really?!?!?!?!? Collin Creek Mall is an armpit and hardly ever much in the way of shoppers to keep the half decent places open like Dillards, Macy's, etc.
Most of the interior shops are no names.
The Dillards, while the inventory is large, is horrid!!!!
Venture into the fitting rooms and it is disgusting!!!! Holes in the walls, no door handles/knobs, wallpaper hanging half off the wall, lights that don't work, etc. The only way Dillards is allowing that is if the mall owner does not care and has told them it may soon be closing. I also do not see the level of shoppers that can even support them staying open.

Sorry, do not see any improvement at that pit at all!

FYI, I remember all of the phases Richardson Square Mall went thru for the last 30 years. Even when trying to save it that place looked much better than Collin Creek does at present.
Also remember when Valley View Mall was just Sears and Sanger-Harris. Seen all these malls in the Dallas area sprout up, evolve, change, close, etc. Collin Creek is doomed. They have already lost their solid base of customers.

Last edited by gymrat; 03-25-2013 at 11:31 AM..

Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 AM

162 posts, read 241,373 times
I am new here and it was my first visit to Collin Creek Mall and I didn't see it as a pit or anything like that. May be because I went after their renovations, its no Stonebriar but for a local mall, it looked fine to me. I did notice many non chain shops but isn't it a good thing to add more local shops and restaurantes, may be even a grocery store and bank to make it multipurpose.

I think it is closer to Richardson than most of the Plano so if Richardson is having a revival than it can bring more customers as Richardson probably doesn't have a mall any more. Do they have a new one in pipe line? I don't see West Plano people driving all the way to 75 for shopping at Collin Creek. I can go to StoneBriar, Willow bend and Galleria within 10 minutes or less.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:52 AM

89 posts, read 111,879 times
You can get to Northpark and Highland Park Village in 20 minutes from your Willowbend area. Those are great malls, you should check them out. If you liked Collin Creek than you are in for a big treat.

To be honest, Collin Creek is miles ahead of Richardson Square Mall, that place was a dump. My mother in law used to live near by.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM

23,606 posts, read 31,169,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
I am new here and it was my first visit to Collin Creek Mall and I didn't see it as a pit or anything like that. May be because I went after their renovations, its no Stonebriar but for a local mall, it looked fine to me. I did notice many non chain shops but isn't it a good thing to add more local shops and restaurantes, may be even a grocery store and bank to make it multipurpose.

I think it is closer to Richardson than most of the Plano so if Richardson is having a revival than it can bring more customers as Richardson probably doesn't have a mall any more. Do they have a new one in pipe line? I don't see West Plano people driving all the way to 75 for shopping at Collin Creek. I can go to StoneBriar, Willow bend and Galleria within 10 minutes or less.
No. Few malls are being built; the mall as a shopping experience is out of fashion and is in decline in many areas. I'd be shocked to see a new mall being built anywhere inside 190.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:26 PM

3,810 posts, read 3,708,952 times
Quote:
get to Northpark and Highland Park Village in 20 minutes from your Willowbend area.
I like The Galleria better than either of those for regular shopping, and it's a much more attractive mall than NorthPark. I also think it's more of a competitor of Collin Creek than NorthPark is, which the area ritzy mall, and which Collin Creek has not been in more than 15 years if it ever was. StoneBriar in Frisco is also much better and a competitor, and not that far away.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM

172 posts, read 288,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
I did notice many non chain shops but isn't it a good thing to add more local shops and restaurantes, may be even a grocery store and bank to make it multipurpose.
This is a good idea, actually I've seen malls abroad that had all that and even small hotels and serviced apartments. Good modern living with everything at your footstep. It's good for cold places but being a hot place, we can benefit as well.

I hardly go to other malls as Willobend and Park/Preston shops are more than what I need but Highland Park Village is a nice place for girls lunch and window shopping on weekends.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 PM

2,119 posts, read 5,489,976 times
I dont like malls. I dont like shopping either.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 PM

297 posts, read 407,065 times
If their anchor stores are doing zilch renovation it is a pretty good bet that the mall is doomed. Several years ago the city of Plano gov't insiders were predicting it would be shuttered within
10 years. From my experience of what I have seen malls in the Dallas area go thru, Collin Creek will be closed in a few years. Collin Creek pales in comparison to every single indoor and outdoor shopping destination in the entire metroplex, except Valley View.

In this area when a mall has not much in the way of chains and more independent low budget stores, it is on the way to its demise. Dallas shoppers do not tend to care for rundown malls no matter how much in renovations on the inside have been done. The sad shape of the parking lot can be seen as a warning of the demise of a mall. Collin Creeks is pot hole city. Not to mention how empty it is of shoppers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or