U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 03:36 PM

53 posts, read 121,453 times

Advertisements

collin creek sucks. ahahha. I live across 190 from them in north richardson. Only thing good around that area are the restaurants and the PGA tour superstore.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMalone View Post
Most of the people in my neighborhood drive Subarus. And Hondas and Toyotas. Diversity is a good thing.
It would be, but all of those cars are Japanese.

I drive a Hyundai. The street has to have a token Korean in that sea of Japanese and European steel.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 PM

1,282 posts, read 2,980,761 times
Collin Creek had a reno, I don't know, 4 or 5 years ago or so...new flooring, lighting, cosmetic type stuff. It didn't do much for the mall as far as attracting stores or maintaining store quality, it was just a lipstick job. So, yes, if you had been to CC 7 years ago, and remember how ugly and dated it was then, and then returned now, you might think it looked better. But unfortunately it has still lost a number of stores.

I still go there now and again, only because it is sort of mid-way between my mom and I, and we sometimes meet there to let the kids play/have lunch/etc. And we may hit the JCP (well, at least we used to before they changed it all) and the Gymboree, but that's pretty much it. They used to have a little train my kids loved to ride on, but even that is gone now.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM

11,681 posts, read 21,268,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice&Curry View Post
No one from Richardson shops there, all of them shop at Galleria and Northpark. Hmmmm .... Why would you? May be because its right there across the street and a big percentage of Richardson's population doesn't earn enough to be luxury shoppers.
You, know, the amazing thing about the Galleria and NorthPark is that one doesn't have to be a luxury shopper to buy there. Plenty of inexpensive clothes at Old Navy, Forever 21, H&M, and the sales at Ann Taylor Loft / Gap/ Dillard's/ Macy's can pretty much end up being Old Navy prices. Plus, NorthPark has HomeGoods, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, etc right across the street.

You don't have to shop at Dress Barn in a strip center to get a good deal- and lets face it, a trip to NorthPark is way more exciting, even for the less affluent shoppers coming from other parts of the metroplex.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM

3,535 posts, read 6,962,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
No, that's totally false. I live in Richardson and I don't know anyone who shops at Collin Creek Mall. We go to Northpark or Galleria. Both are nicer, and both are easy enough to get to. Why would we go to Collin Creek? Makes no sense.
And Firewheel. The far eastern portion is way closer to Firewheel than Collin Creek.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM

7,994 posts, read 10,919,562 times
Have only lived in Dallas for about 2 months, but I checked out many of the malls. Collin Creek is a dump IMO. I'd only give a positive nod to Northpark, Galleria, Willow Bend, Stonebriar and then several of the outdoor centers like Highland Park Village and Preston Center.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM

172 posts, read 289,096 times
I don't see no need to take it personally. CCM is clearly not Highland Park Village or Stonebriar. However, If I lived 5 minutes away from CCM and had to pick up something from Dillard's, Macy's, Sears, JCP, Bath & Body, Gymboree, American Eagle type chain stores, I wouldn't be ashamed to go there regardless of how uncool it may look to 20K millionaires.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 PM

297 posts, read 407,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pama View Post
I don't see no need to take it personally. CCM is clearly not Highland Park Village or Stonebriar. However, If I lived 5 minutes away from CCM and had to pick up something from Dillard's, Macy's, Sears, JCP, Bath & Body, Gymboree, American Eagle type chain stores, I wouldn't be ashamed to go there regardless of how uncool it may look to 20K millionaires.
That is what we have said. People only go there if they need to run into 1 store that is there and they are close by. It is no longer a destination mall like it once was or other more profitable malls like NorthPark, Galleria, Willow Bend, Waters Crossing, Firewheel, etc. Those are destination malls that attract more tenants that bring in the customers to stay and shop more than 1-2 stores.

PlanoGirl, yes they had the little renovation in the mall about 5 or so years ago. Although, a quick run thru Dillards recently looks like it has not been touched in well over 15 years. After Firewheel opened and many of the chain tenants closed when they opened that location. Then Waters Crossing has pretty much put a nail in the coffin of Collin Creek. The new owners group deals only with struggling malls that need to be redeveloped to stay viable.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 PM

89 posts, read 111,945 times
It is about trying to act hip and rich, JCP is JCP no matter where you go. This mall is a fine place to take kids and eat at the food court or check out bunjee jumping. Amazing Jack is a fun destination.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 PM

297 posts, read 407,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice&Curry View Post
It is about trying to act hip and rich, JCP is JCP no matter where you go. This mall is a fine place to take kids and eat at the food court or check out bunjee jumping. Amazing Jack is a fun destination.
Whose acting? People shop where they enjoy shopping. I love Nordstrom's. I don't care what anyone else thinks about me shopping there as it's my dime, I don't give a flip what others think and I'm not too worried about trying to impress anyone. I personally do not go to a mall to eat. ICK! As for Amazing Jake's, eh. Went once to take my daughter to a birthday party. Was not overly impressed. We prefer being outdoors. Give my family a bike path, park, soccer fields, swimming pool, golf course, even an outdoor putt-putt or go-kart track over being inside any day. There are far more things I'd rather spend $25 on than some indoor amusement center. But hey, if that is your cup of tea, knock yourself out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or