U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM

718 posts, read 1,102,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
You, know, the amazing thing about the Galleria and NorthPark is that one doesn't have to be a luxury shopper to buy there. Plenty of inexpensive clothes at Old Navy, Forever 21, H&M, and the sales at Ann Taylor Loft / Gap/ Dillard's/ Macy's can pretty much end up being Old Navy prices. Plus, NorthPark has HomeGoods, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, etc right across the street.

You don't have to shop at Dress Barn in a strip center to get a good deal- and lets face it, a trip to NorthPark is way more exciting, even for the less affluent shoppers coming from other parts of the metroplex.
Totally agree , North Park doesn't have to be a luxury destination , I find plenty of deals on a regular basis . The Gap there usually has far more discounts than any other store around . Now ......I'm still pissed that they closed down Desigual
But CC is pretty much dead , compare to even 7 years ago , that mall looks like a dead zone . I go there time to time when I want Macy's deals , since nobody shops there and they also surprisingly offer a better selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 11:32 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,323,284 times
I really dont get all the hysteria about CCM. I just looked it up, Collin Creek Mall is over 30 years old. Guess what people? Just like houses, cars and any other physical apparatus, Malls get old. They start out young and hip, and age, and then newer, younger, flashier malls pop up. It's a cycle. And it will affect every other mall, with the possible exception of Northpark. Remember when Willow Bend was all the rage? It was going to be the luxury mall of America...how's that working out? Stonebriar is kicking its butt up and down the the tollway. Town East Mall, Valley View, and other malls too were all great malls at some time. In about 10-15 years, Firewheel, Stonebriar, Village of Allen/Fairview will all be old, outdated malls too that no one goes to anymore. JUst give it time.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM

297 posts, read 409,555 times
Would you believe that Town East is one of the highest grossing malls in the area and has been for years. It's the only mall on that side of Dallas County and serves areas all to the east. I don't care for it or the nightmare traffic around Town East so we don't frequent that mall.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:16 PM

23,658 posts, read 31,416,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
Would you believe that Town East is one of the highest grossing malls in the area and has been for years. It's the only mall on that side of Dallas County and serves areas all to the east. I don't care for it or the nightmare traffic around Town East so we don't frequent that mall.
I believe it. It's not even all that bad; to hear people talk about it you'd think it was a rinky dink 5 and dime store. It's much nicer than Valley View...nicer than Collin Creek even.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 PM

3,824 posts, read 3,753,450 times
Quote:
Dress Barn in a strip center to get a good deal
I wish I was the CEO of Dress Barn. Pretty sure I could goose sales by 10% just by changing the name to something other than Dress Barn, and then use my giant bonus to continue my plans to take over the world.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM

6 posts, read 6,488 times
I drive to Collin Creek Mall from McKinney twice a month for Tiny Tot Time that's sponsored by Chick-fil-A there. Mrs. Peggy comes from the Arlington CFA to sing songs and read stories to toddlers. It's free and the kids get a goodie bag too. It's not the nicest mall, but it's good enough for TTT and if you have to run to a store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or